Foxtel, what footy shows are good

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the shows are garbage IMO which is quite disappointing.

Of course it all depends on what you want from the shows - serious or more light hearted - with most being quite heavily swayed towards the latter.

I watch football shows for insightful information rather than pure entertainment so I stay well clear of most of the shows.

I have always enjoyed On The Couch and try and watch it every week. Gerard Healy and Mike Sheahan are fantastic IMO and when Roos was alongside them it was sensational. Roos has since been replaced by Dunstall which has diminished it's quality but still it is certainly worth watching.

I don't watch it much but every time I do, I enjoy Open Mike. Always good to hear the thoughts of past greats.

AFL360 can be OK but 4 nights per week is too much. I actually really enjoy listening to Gerard Whateley, but Mark Robinson is an absolute idiot.

League Teams on Thursday night is good and infinitely better than The Footy Show on 9 at the same time.

Bounce is just complete and utter garbage. I've watched it once and that was one time too many. There's something about the combination of Dunstall, Frawley, Lynch and Gaze that makes me want to punch a hole in my TV.

Ed & Derm are an OK combination and can flick between serious and not serious. When they're having a laugh they are cringe-worthy, but when actually talking seriously they know their stuff. Hit and miss.

I think that was it last year and I don't know if they've made any changes for 2015. Quite an underwhelming list, really. Could be so much more...

Hate 360. The odd couple of football leave me cold.
League Teams is a must. A combination of sense and humour.
Have to disagree Jeremias. The bounce is funny like Santo, Sam and Ed is funny.
On The Couch is a problem for me. Have a real problem with Healy and Sheehan. The criticism can be a little tedious.
Mike's interviews hit the spot on occasions. If you like the guy being interviewed it's worth a look.
There was a tactics show on a Tuesday night. I'm not sure if it's still on but it provided insights into the tactics of the game.

There was a tactics show on a Tuesday night. I'm not sure if it's still on but it provided insights into the tactics of the game.
Forgot about AFL Insider on Tuesday nights , Jason Dunstall and Alistair Lynch and others. Was quite interesting in they reviewed game footage and discussed tactics being employed. Not sure if it is still going ?

What is it with the negativity towards Brown? Modern day Sticks. It must be the voice that puts people off. A bit too Australian.
Hardly Mike, is he? Big shoes to fill but they've filled them with an underwhelming choice imo.

Let's not forget that in his first 60 seconds on air in the Nab cup, he mispronounced the same word twice...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be completely honest, I can't even remember now. Cringed both times when it happened though.

Nothing against him, he's probably got a good footy brain. It would be like putting Taylor Walker in the commentary box though.
We'll re-convene at some stage. I reckon he'll win you over as he is like our former President. Each sounds funny but likeable and smart.

Forgot about AFL Insider on Tuesday nights , Jason Dunstall and Alistair Lynch and others. Was quite interesting in they reviewed game footage and discussed tactics being employed. Not sure if it is still going ?

Didnt run last season. Dont think its still going, been replaced with whatever king does during the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back