Games FPL 23/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty similar, 28 with TAA, Robbo and Salah to come. Has been a shocker of a start to the season. Feels like every 50/50 call has been the wrong one.

yeah same for me. 27 with same 3 and Salah C. Went 5 at the back this week for a total of 3 points so far.

Foden gets 90 and does nothing. Might be a sell now

yeah same for me. 27 with same 3 and Salah C. Went 5 at the back this week for a total of 3 points so far.

Foden gets 90 and does nothing. Might be a sell now

Issue with this season more than most it feels like there's so many highly owned players that it's hard to recover from a s**t start, since the template is so strong. On week's like this you could have gone against the template and maybe you'd end up ok, but if you're wrong the hit to your rank is huge, so you end up just sticking with it but not making up much ground.

Issue with this season more than most it feels like there's so many highly owned players that it's hard to recover from a s**t start, since the template is so strong. On week's like this you could have gone against the template and maybe you'd end up ok, but if you're wrong the hit to your rank is huge, so you end up just sticking with it but not making up much ground.

yeah exactly. So many 50/50 decisions this season and so far have missed every one. Haaland v Kane week 1 , Foden v Kulu week 1. Dias v Cancelo. Enabler played this week. Not a great start. Hoping the momentum changes soon.

My thinking with Foden is he just got 90 min. That never happens with Pep. Surely he is benched next game.

yeah exactly. So many 50/50 decisions this season and so far have missed every one. Haaland v Kane week 1 , Foden v Kulu week 1. Dias v Cancelo. Enabler played this week. Not a great start. Hoping the momentum changes soon.

My thinking with Foden is he just got 90 min. That never happens with Pep. Surely he is benched next game.

Yep all of those for me + Meslier v Ward which was ridiculous. Had Haaland C so no doubt Salah is going to go huge now too.

Yep all of those for me + Meslier v Ward which was ridiculous. Had Haaland C so no doubt Salah is going to go huge now too.

I have him captain so you might be safe. Hardest thing with this game is staying patient. Always have an itchy trigger finger.

I have him captain so you might be safe. Hardest thing with this game is staying patient. Always have an itchy trigger finger.

I want to turf Mount but at home to Leicester is too tempting.

WTF? City have a mid week friendly against Barcelona in Barcelona and apparently all the main squad have flown over.

I can’t wait for Pep to complain about scheduling later in the season.

Yep, they play every 3 days from now until the WC. Going to be mental.

Haaland to Kane is a temptation at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A charity game to raise money for MND research.
* knows why it’s happening now.

He will roll out a pretty good squad in that as well but it will be a glorified praccy. Still don't need more excuses for the most rotated team to be rotated more.

I might be over-reacting, but so far it seems to me that the 'experts' (i.e. content creators) overestimate the importance of perceived fixture difficulty when choosing players to transfer in/out, and who to field/bench.

Haaland was expected to haul against Bournemouth and got a single assist.

I fielded Meslier the first two weeks, against 'easy' oppositions, and he scores poorly both weeks. This week he has Chelsea and Ward has an 'easy' opponent, so I bench Meslier and field Ward. Ward scores 1 and Meslier gets a clean sheet and 7 points.

I think I'm going to pay less attention to opposition and just field the players I think are the best players

I might be over-reacting, but so far it seems to me that the 'experts' (i.e. content creators) overestimate the importance of perceived fixture difficulty when choosing players to transfer in/out, and who to field/bench.

Haaland was expected to haul against Bournemouth and got a single assist.

I fielded Meslier the first two weeks, against 'easy' oppositions, and he scores poorly both weeks. This week he has Chelsea and Ward has an 'easy' opponent, so I bench Meslier and field Ward. Ward scores 1 and Meslier gets a clean sheet and 7 points.

I think I'm going to pay less attention to opposition and just field the players I think are the best players

Is that them over-estimating or just evidence sport is fluid and unpredictable? If Foden squares the ball to Haaland he walks away with 12 points (goal, assist, 3BP) and suddenly they're correct in their claims.

Meslier benching is another example of unpredictability of sport. Who in their right mind would have predicted Chelsea to lose 3-0 to Leeds?

If you're expecting content creators to have the perfect answers rather than just give guidance on the options that are most likely (not certain) to yield points then you're going to be let down.

Too early for a wildcard?

Honestly thinking about dropping TAA and reinvesting in midfield or forward.

I'm caught between WCing and rolling. Think I'm going to roll because Liverpool have Bournemouth and Chelsea have Leicester. If I still flop next week then I'll probably trigger the WC.

I'm caught between WCing and rolling. Think I'm going to roll because Liverpool have Bournemouth and Chelsea have Leicester. If I still flop next week then I'll probably trigger the WC.
Probably wise.

Just not getting the returns from defenders this year so far. City I can forgive for a game but so much wasted cap space on the Liverpool two.

Probably wise.

Just not getting the returns from defenders this year so far. City I can forgive for a game but so much wasted cap space on the Liverpool two.

Yeah Liverpool particularly frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back