Games FPL 23/24

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm running the knockout comp again for anyone interested!

For the record, with Kasper leaving, Ward will likely start the season at 4.0

Good shout, will bring him in. Any sense that you'd bring a new keeper in or will Ward get a good run at it?

I like it
I’m the opposite with 3 premiums, but I think both are useful.
Do you trust 2 Newcastle outfield players?
That's a fair question. Might need to replace Trippier.

I expect Newcastle to be roughly around 10th so there should hopefully be some points there. Might be better to hedge my bets somewhat though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy's not even guaranteed to start. That's definitely an out there idea.
I've got Vardy on my radar atm, any reason why he wouldn't start? With 5 subs he surely starts?

People, learn to re-size your screenshots! :p When you paste them in the reply bar you can click them and drag to make them smaller so they don't take up half the screen.

This is where I'm at and honestly barring injuries, or last minute selection news, think I'm happy with it.

View attachment 1461456

Very close to my current thinking. I have Ramsdale/Trippier instead of Meslier/Perisic

Fulham updates:

Leno signed. He will be first choice. Gazzaniga no chance to play. Fine if you need 4.0 but would look elsewhere.

Goal for Mitro on the weekend, and Andreas Pereira looked good. Worth a bench spot for sure.

So I have been roped I a cash league at work. Have no interest in soccer or how to play FPL but want to be good enough for banter at lunch.
Have played SC for years so know fantasy games well and was looking for any bits of advice that can help me be competitive. Thanks for any advice.
Screenshot_20220802-221541.jpg

So I have been roped I a cash league at work. Have no interest in soccer or how to play FPL but want to be good enough for banter at lunch.
Have played SC for years so know fantasy games well and was looking for any bits of advice that can help me be competitive. Thanks for any advice.
View attachment 1464856

the game itself is fairly basic but it does require a rudimentary knowledge of the EPL so its hard to know where to start with someone who has no interest in soccer.

the main way to score points are goals and assists (everyone) and clean sheets (defenders/goal keepers only).
this means that defensive midfielders like Rice are usless and you want to try to pick defenders who also get forward.

team suggestions
  • get rid of Southampton players. they're not very good and their early fixtures aren't great.
  • there are better 4.5 mill defenders than Worrall. look at ownership to find some of the more popular ones
  • Alisson is a good keeper but it ties up a one of your 3 Liverpool spots that may be better spent on an outfielder. he's also expensive,
  • Van Dijk will get you plenty of clean sheets but doesn't have much attacking potential. see if you can get him up to an Alexander Arnold or Robertson
  • make Ward your bench goal keeper
  • Plange and Nketiah are unlikely to start so I'd look elsewhere

there's more but i'll leave it at that for now.
there's a metric crap tonne of content on youtube if you want to spend the time.

Last edited:
i would have a look at youtube and look at a template start as a new player. You will see a lot of the content on youtube will have 7-9 players the same. Usually the best way to start then work around that to fill your team. All of the points made by PoopingHindi are very good.

Would love to have Son and Haaland to capitalise on both Spurs and City's starts but I think to do so it either means going No Salah (too risky for me) or No Jesus, but with the latter's ownership and lack of options around the 6m price that I'd want to start, just can't see a way to do it. Only other alternative is dropping a defender down to Paterson and starting a 4.0 defender in Williams or Patterson each week which defeats the whole theory of value at the back.

Might just have to book in Kane to Haaland GW2.

Would love to have Son and Haaland to capitalise on both Spurs and City's starts but I think to do so it either means going No Salah (too risky for me) or No Jesus, but with the latter's ownership and lack of options around the 6m price that I'd want to start, just can't see a way to do it. Only other alternative is dropping a defender down to Paterson and starting a 4.0 defender in Williams or Patterson each week which defeats the whole theory of value at the back.

That's just about as good as I could get what you were suggesting.

1659593184472.png

Why not just start Haaland if you've got Salah already. You're not gonna captain Kane anyways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back