Games FPL 23/24

Remove this Banner Ad

5 points this morning. Apparently suspended against Chelsea.

I know, I was the one who told you that. You don't get someone subbed on just because he doesn't play a second time.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Had that thought the other day, quite a weird way the rules work. Should have deliberately got a second yellow since being able to play against Chelsea would have been pretty important and think he'd have always been rested against us anyway.

Anyway, started off the morning pretty good and then death by a thousand cuts of Arsenal defenders, Shaw, and now Haaland looming tomorrow. Nothing going right this season.

I am the opposite. Missed out on Martinelli at the start and have never had him, started with 3 premiums which I don’t think was a great move in the end, team value is awful, had Foden for 3 weeks in which he was benched for all of them (I think). Yet I’m somehow sitting in the top 25k.

I am the opposite. Missed out on Martinelli at the start and have never had him, started with 3 premiums which I don’t think was a great move in the end, team value is awful, had Foden for 3 weeks in which he was benched for all of them (I think). Yet I’m somehow sitting in the top 25k.

Yeah no idea what I've done so wrong lol. Just had guys like Cancelo and Mitrovic at the wrong times, missed Shaw for example, and went against Ward which ended up costing me a bit.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Yeah no idea what I've done so wrong lol. Just had guys like Cancelo and Mitrovic at the wrong times, missed Shaw for example, and went against Ward which ended up costing me a bit.

It’s really just luck a lot of the time. If Mount can have a decent DGW I could jump up a fair bit as well.

It’s really just luck a lot of the time. If Mount can have a decent DGW I could jump up a fair bit as well.

Yeah that was the other frustration, had patience and held Mount for ages at the start and did nothing, now I avoid him for the restart and he gets a goal and assist first game back lol.

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
CP v MU added to GW20 so 4 teams on the double (TOT and MC the others)

Taking a -4
Got Shaw, Stones, Mahrez, Rashford, Haaland and Kane on the double

Cancelo has gotta go, doesn’t he?

yeah i think so. A few ways to go, but for me, a move from him to Rico Lewis (looks more nailed than Cancelo) and then Mitro up to Kane.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
What are people's thoughts on the DGW games?

Tonight's Fulham v Chelsea will be included in week 19 so it's too late to change that.

Palace v United and City v Spurs will be included in week 20. So the relevant fixtures for players getting points for two games are -

United v City
Chelsea v Palace
Spurs v Arse
Palace v United
City v Spurs

Have I got that right?

What are people's thoughts on the DGW games?

Tonight's Fulham v Chelsea will be included in week 19 so it's too late to change that.

Palace v United and City v Spurs will be included in week 20. So the relevant fixtures for players getting points for two games are -

United v City
Chelsea v Palace
Spurs v Arse
Palace v United
City v Spurs

Have I got that right?

yeah looks right.

Utd have the best 2nd fixture (Palace). Spurs face the top 2 so Kane really the only option IMO as he tends to score against anyone. If he gets a yellow in his 1st game he will miss the 2nd one. If he gets a yellow in 2nd game i think it resets after 1st on so he will be all good.

City have 2 interesting game. The game at old trafford will be hard they way utd are playing. Haaland hat a hatrick and 2 assists in there last game, but utd are a lot better now. Haaland should still dominate Spurs. For me i will have 6 doublers with 5 that should play both and 1 in pep roulette. Lewis, Shaw, Rashford, KDB, Haaland Kane.

Also worth noting the City double again in 23 i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His record against us is outstanding.

Your defence this season is significantly better than it has been, think it's the second best in the league, and he's outperforming his output at the moment. Last time you played he scored from the spot, otherwise looked nowhere near it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
yeah looks right.

Utd have the best 2nd fixture (Palace). Spurs face the top 2 so Kane really the only option IMO as he tends to score against anyone. If he gets a yellow in his 1st game he will miss the 2nd one. If he gets a yellow in 2nd game i think it resets after 1st on so he will be all good.

City have 2 interesting game. The game at old trafford will be hard they way utd are playing. Haaland hat a hatrick and 2 assists in there last game, but utd are a lot better now. Haaland should still dominate Spurs. For me i will have 6 doublers with 5 that should play both and 1 in pep roulette. Lewis, Shaw, Rashford, KDB, Haaland Kane.

Also worth noting the City double again in 23 i think.

I've got Cancelo, Shaw, Rashford, Haaland and Kane. I'm tempted by either Rashford or Haaland as triple captain. I could transfer in Wan-Bissaka for Cancelo.

Despite the above I may end up getting Kane in as a shield and get Mahrez in to fund it. Nunez theoretically covers Salah (I say theoretically..) and taking a punt on Mahrez might be a decent option.

I've got Cancelo, Shaw, Rashford, Haaland and Kane. I'm tempted by either Rashford or Haaland as triple captain. I could transfer in Wan-Bissaka for Cancelo.

Why would you get AWB? He doesn't play.

He's started the last 3 league games and scored 21 points. Dalot has a possible injury concern.

Missed he'd started a couple, but barely played over the season. Dalot was off as a precaution. Why not just get Shaw?

Like I said, I have him already.

Then why get a second United defender when they play City? Why not a Newcastle defender to set up long term?

Last edited:

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Despite the above I may end up getting Kane in as a shield and get Mahrez in to fund it. Nunez theoretically covers Salah (I say theoretically..) and taking a punt on Mahrez might be a decent option.

Mahrez is tempting but I just know that if I pick him Pep will bench him again. Just like if I get rid of Cancelo he will start again. Think I will just go DeBruyn.

Back