The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
I’m a self confessed “fraghead” (I believe is the term) so I decided to start a thread as I can’t seem to find one around here and there seems to be quite a lot of people out there who are really into their fragrances.

So there’s a quick set of questions if you want to answer but also set this up just for general discussion too.

The questions.

1. What are your top 5 fragrances?

2. What is your “signature scent”? (Your go to/most used)

3. What was the last fragrance(s) you purchased or were gifted?

4. How many fragrances do you own?

5. What was the first fragrance you ever owned?

Last edited:

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
What are your top 5 fragrances?
1: Dior Sauvage
2: Prada L’Homme
3: Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme
4: Chanel Bleu De Chanel
5: Chanel Allure Homme Sport

What is your “signature Scent”? (Your go to/most used?
Yves Saint Laurent - L’homme

What was the last fragrance(s) you purchased or were gifted?
Prada L’Homme (Re-Stock)
Bleu De Chanel (Re-Stock)
Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Re-Stock)
Yves Saint Laurent - Y
Davidoff - The Brilliant Game (Gifted

How many fragrances do you own?
25-ish

What was the first fragrance you ever owned?
Hummer by Hummer when I was about 14 :tearsofjoy:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
1: Brut
2: Brut
3: Brut
4: Brut
5: Brut

Brut

Brut

5-All of them Brut:
2 in the main upstairs bathroom;
1 in the downstairs bathroom;
1 in my car:
1 at my work drawers.

Brut

Last edited:

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Bought my first ever cologne yesterday.

Didn't realise you could get them so cheap, thought they were all $100+ for some reason

Chemist Warehouse is a good one to check out both in store and online if there’s not one close by.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i have quite a few - maybe 15

top 5 in no particular order

rl purple label, tom ford tuscan leather, ysl l'homme, viktor and rolf antidote and issey miyake l'homme.

Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1: Brut
2: Brut
3: Brut
4: Brut
5: Brut

Brut

Brut

5-All of them Brut:
2 in the main upstairs bathroom;
1 in the downstairs bathroom;
1 in my car:
1 at my work drawers.

Brut
I can smell you through my monitor

1. Aventus Creed
2. Dior Sauvage
3. Green Irish Tweed
4. Dior Eau Sauvage
5. Bleu de Chanel

What is your “signature scent”? (Your go to/most used)
Probably was Eau Sauvage, but now it's Sauvage (yes, I love Dior)

Versace Man Eau Fraiche - cheap so can get trigger happy with it, love it in the summer.

8 bottles at the moment. I'm on the lookout for another, really like the Issey Miyake Leau D'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche

Eau Sauvage was the first I ever bought and really opened up the world to me.

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
1. Aventus Creed
2. Dior Sauvage
3. Green Irish Tweed
4. Dior Eau Sauvage
5. Bleu de Chanel

What is your “signature scent”? (Your go to/most used)
Probably was Eau Sauvage, but now it's Sauvage (yes, I love Dior)

Versace Man Eau Fraiche - cheap so can get trigger happy with it, love it in the summer.

8 bottles at the moment. I'm on the lookout for another, really like the Issey Miyake Leau D'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche

Eau Sauvage was the first I ever bought and really opened up the world to me.

Very nice!

I have the Versace Man Eau Fraiche too. Very nice fragrance, just wish it’s performance was better. Also nice for a cheap one is Gold by Jay Z. I’m not one for celebrity fragrances but I really like Gold. And it’s cheap, $30 or $40 from Chemist Warehouse. Sweet but fresh. Good on a cooler summers evening or a sunny winters day, which is usually the case in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very nice!

I have the Versace Man Eau Fraiche too. Very nice fragrance, just wish it’s performance was better. Also nice for a cheap one is Gold by Jay Z. I’m not one for celebrity fragrances but I really like Gold. And it’s cheap, $30 or $40 from Chemist Warehouse. Sweet but fresh. Good on a cooler summers evening or a sunny winters day, which is usually the case in WA.

I find performance to be best on my clothes rather than my skin. Good longevity also. By $40 frag standards, it's definitely excellent!

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
I find performance to be best on my clothes rather than my skin. Good longevity also. By $40 frag standards, it's definitely excellent!

Likewise. And also around the neck. I find Prada L’Homme lasts a little bit on my clothes even after being washed. Which is fine with me because I love that fragrance.

Likewise. And also around the neck. I find Prada L’Homme lasts a little bit on my clothes even after being washed. Which is fine with me because I love that fragrance.
First time I spray Dior Sauvage, I did one spray on the wrist and could smell it days after, or maybe it was mostly just my imagination trying to get me to buy it. But I'd be a weirdo and start sniffing my wrist throughout all hours of the day for the next few days until the scent vanished completely lol. Been in love with it ever since.

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
First time I spray Dior Sauvage, I did one spray on the wrist and could smell it days after, or maybe it was mostly just my imagination trying to get me to buy it. But I'd be a weirdo and start sniffing my wrist throughout all hours of the day for the next few days until the scent vanished completely lol. Been in love with it ever since.

Dior Suavage is an excellent scent, I remember the first time smelling it too, after one test I bought it. It’s probably been my most complemented scent so far. Unfortunately I’m running low so I haven’t been wearing it as much as I’d like, kind of just trying to stretch it as far as possible. But in atleast 6 months time I’ll probably have to get a new bottle. Couldn’t believe the negativity surrounding it at first, but now everyone loves it. The new YSL Y release has the same sort of negativity atm too but I don’t see that fading like it did with Sauavage. Although I agree that it’s a fairly generic fragrance and theirs nothing too special about it , I actually like the scent and for me YSL won’t top L’Homme Or even La Nuit De L’Homme. It’d have to be something pretty special.

Did you get your Creed from either of Myer or DJ’s? and did they have testers there? For whatever reason when ever I’ve been to the closest Myers or DJ’s they never have testers. I’ve smelt both GIT and Aventus before but only once a few years ago and I’d want to test it on my skin for a while before purchasing. Also not going to drop $300-$400 on a blind buy either.

Dior Suavage is an excellent scent, I remember the first time smelling it too, after one test I bought it. It’s probably been my most complemented scent so far. Unfortunately I’m running low so I haven’t been wearing it as much as I’d like, kind of just trying to stretch it as far as possible. But in atleast 6 months time I’ll probably have to get a new bottle. Couldn’t believe the negativity surrounding it at first, but now everyone loves it. The new YSL Y release has the same sort of negativity atm too but I don’t see that fading like it did with Sauavage. Although I agree that it’s a fairly generic fragrance and theirs nothing too special about it , I actually like the scent and for me YSL won’t top L’Homme Or even La Nuit De L’Homme. It’d have to be something pretty special.

Did you get your Creed from either of Myer or DJ’s? and did they have testers there? For whatever reason when ever I’ve been to the closest Myers or DJ’s they never have testers. I’ve smelt both GIT and Aventus before but only once a few years ago and I’d want to test it on my skin for a while before purchasing. Also not going to drop $300-$400 on a blind buy either.

I'm a big fan of YSL Na Nuit's scent, but the only reason I don't have a bottle is it doesn't seem to have much longevity for me.

I got a 30ml sample decant off eBay for around $80. I'm only using it for special occasions so it's going to last me a while but I am very much considering getting a 100ml bottle eventually haha. The only place I've seen them have testers is at the airports, which is where I've tested all the Creed lines.

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
I'm a big fan of YSL Na Nuit's scent, but the only reason I don't have a bottle is it doesn't seem to have much longevity for me.

I got a 30ml sample decant off eBay for around $80. I'm only using it for special occasions so it's going to last me a while but I am very much considering getting a 100ml bottle eventually haha. The only place I've seen them have testers is at the airports, which is where I've tested all the Creed lines.

Have you tried La Nuit de L’Homme L’Intense? or La Nuit de L’Homme Eau Électrique? I don’t remember if I’ve sampled L’Intense before but I did sample Eau Électrique a couple of weeks ago and wasn’t expecting to like it enough to buy it (because of the reviews) but it’s actually quite nice. I didn’t sample any on my skin because I had just sprayed some Prada L’Homme Intense on but I sprayed both LA Nuit de L’Homme and Eau Électrique on sample cards and the Eau Électrique lasted for quite a few days later. It has some bad reviews, not overly sure why, because it’s not like it’s a horrible fragrance.

In regards to the Creed, I found an Australian online store that sells mostly niche fragrances going by a quick look around the site. So I’ll probably order a sample pack from them. $40 for four samplers of your choice and they include 10 more that I guess they think I might like. Don’t really see the point in that. If you’re going to give me another 10 samplers atleast let me pick them haha.

Have you tried La Nuit de L’Homme L’Intense? or La Nuit de L’Homme Eau Électrique? I don’t remember if I’ve sampled L’Intense before but I did sample Eau Électrique a couple of weeks ago and wasn’t expecting to like it enough to buy it (because of the reviews) but it’s actually quite nice. I didn’t sample any on my skin because I had just sprayed some Prada L’Homme Intense on but I sprayed both LA Nuit de L’Homme and Eau Électrique on sample cards and the Eau Électrique lasted for quite a few days later. It has some bad reviews, not overly sure why, because it’s not like it’s a horrible fragrance.

In regards to the Creed, I found an Australian online store that sells mostly niche fragrances going by a quick look around the site. So I’ll probably order a sample pack from them. $40 for four samplers of your choice and they include 10 more that I guess they think I might like. Don’t really see the point in that. If you’re going to give me another 10 samplers atleast let me pick them haha.
I've never tried those. I like the YSL brand so I'll check them out next time I'm at the shops

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm a noob and haven't tried much but I really like my Tom Ford Grey Vetiver and Terre D' Hermes.

I have Grey Vetiver, CDG Man 2, Bvlgari Black, Bvlgari Soir, and some sort of cheapo Calvin Klein that I just wear for work.

First I owned would have been something like a Lynx Africa aftershave Xmas present as a kid but maybe Joop! was the first one I bought.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Bump.

Bit of a pointless contribution given we can’t go out at the moment, but my staples are Paco Rabanne Invictus and Bvlgari Atlantiqve. I have another Ralph Lauren cologne I can’t remember the name of that I like to wear for work.

I also like to wear CK (have 2-3 gifted bottles) around the house and one weekends.

What is everyone else wearing at the moment?

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

What’s the name of the store?

Did you end up ordering?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back