Franklin - how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

This was my exact thought. Lewis one was slightly worse but followed by more hysteria. Probably deserving of a week.

Just lucky it wasn't the other way round, with hodge the aggressor. Bigfooty would melt.

Hodge is a good yardstick... In the future threads about hits should have two questions: 1. What if Hodge was the aggressor? 2. What if Hodge was the recipient of contact?

Sanity would be somewhere in the middle.

As for this, it was careless and stupid, wasn't meant to tickle. Fine at most, but his punishment of an ineffective game far more suitable.

The first push and shove to the face might get half a look.

Intentional, there was no mitigating factors at play when he lined up Hodge for a whack.
High Contact, clearly to the head.
Impact? because it was open hands and didn't seem to have long-term effects during the game. The whole case will come down to whether it is deemed low impact or insufficient force. I can see this getting thrown out but then again it's all about the look, and it's not something you want to encourage. With anyone else this would be borderline, since it is Buddy he is fine.

The coat hangar is also quite risky. Is there any chance both offenses are worth a fine each and will add up to a week? Obviously I am more hopeful than anything.
I'm fairly sure the look at the incidents separately. Neither is worth any time IMO. Maybe a fine, even that would be tough.

charged at Hodge and gave him a roundhouse. Was a mile off spoiling, and not even close to the contest.

Should be 2. Will probably be 0 given the way AFL only punish based on how the media react
Are you serious.

Do you want to see Franklin suspended for that.

If you do, you should give footy, and sports away.

Perhaps you should follow the arts, ballet or the opera might be more your go.

charged at Hodge and gave him a roundhouse. Was a mile off spoiling, and not even close to the contest.

Should be 2. Will probably be 0 given the way AFL only punish based on how the media react
You are kidding! My memory of AFL tribunal and Sydney.....he will get a knighthood. Untouchable...you know... the brand in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a fine but really should be nothing

Nothing. I think Heeney's tackle on Hardwick is likely to come under more scrutiny. Late, lifted and flipped. Love to know what Rugby League fans would make of it! If that is why Hardwick didn't return after half time?

I didn't think there was anything in this, was surprised there as even a free tbh - maybe it just looked bad too the ump

Lewis got 2 weeks for the same hit on Goldstein but Buddy will get a fine after the Sydney discount is applied.
Surely you're taking the piss?

Lewis lined up Goldstein while he was defenceless in midair going for a mark.

Buddy's was a s**t tackle on Hodge making him earn his kick.

Completely different.

Maybe a fine but really should be nothing

I didn't think there was anything in this, was surprised there as even a free tbh - maybe it just looked bad too the ump

Im assuming the ump thought he saw a lifting motion. I didnt think it was a bad tackle this week by Heeney.

Last week I thought it was a bit dangerous but the Saints player contributed to it.

Breust has a similar style but he keeps down low to make sure its not dangerous. 2 weeks in a row for Heeney so youd hope the Swans are looking at it with him.

As for Buddy we find out in 12 hours how they will excuse his repeated poor form on Friday.

Surely you're taking the piss?

Lewis lined up Goldstein while he was defenceless in midair going for a mark.

Buddy's was a s**t tackle on Hodge making him earn his kick.

Completely different.
Could argue Buddy lined up Hodge when he was kicking and went for his head .
While Lewis hit Goldy while trying to spoil a mark.
Both acts were deliberate and very similar,Hodge is just not as soft
The ball was a lot closer to Lewis's arm than it was to Buddys

Let Buddy and Danger both off and the AFL gets a Friday night spectacle, with 2 of the games big names. Doesn't effect any other team and on we go...

Let Buddy and Danger both off and the AFL gets a Friday night spectacle, with 2 of the games big names. Doesn't effect any other team and on we go...

Of course it affects other teams. How about they just adjudicate according to the regulations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back