Franklin - how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

None, maybe a fine if he's unlucky. Still love Buddy, but he loves a little cheapy from time to time.

Not late at all. Contact was made at shoulder level initially before Hodge had kicked the ball. Contact then moved up the shoulder to the neck/head area, which Buddy had to take responsibility for, but the AFL usually doesn't worry to much about (i.e. they look at initial point of contact).

IMG_1685.JPG

Last edited:
Nothing. I think Heeney's tackle on Hardwick is likely to come under more scrutiny. Late, lifted and flipped. Love to know what Rugby League fans would make of it! If that is why Hardwick didn't return after half time?

Nothing. I think Heeney's tackle on Hardwick is likely to come under more scrutiny. Late, lifted and flipped. Love to know what Rugby League fans would make of it! If that is why Hardwick didn't return after half time?

lol, you're kidding.

Wasn't late, Hardwick still had the ball when he first made contact. He lifted him only insofar as he picked him up a bit and rolled him so that he didn't into his back. It was nothing like lifting in a tackle in league.

Shouldn't even have been a free, what a soft utensil umpire. It must have looked a bit too rough.

I remember the same happening to Worsfold years ago. Absolutely smashed someone in a tackle in the middle of the ground, 100% legal, hell it would have even been legal by today's standards. The umpire paid a free for it being so brutal. It must have been illegal.

I bet you sleep with your light on.

It was late, classic coat hanger, perfectly applied, gees he's a beast when he gets riled up!

What do you expect? Came from a team ifsnipers, snipes his old team! Loved it personally! Hodge has handed out enough! The only good thing about sydneys free run at the tribunal, good old fashion biff and brawl!

Last edited:
Lewis got 2 weeks for the same hit on Goldstein but Buddy will get a fine after the Sydney discount is applied.

This was my exact thought. Lewis one was slightly worse but followed by more hysteria. Probably deserving of a week.

Just lucky it wasn't the other way round, with hodge the aggressor. Bigfooty would melt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just realised Sydney is playing Geelong next week.

Nothing in it, play on.

It is so ridiculous, but there is a far higher chance of Hodge missing a week because of a tummy tap than Buddy missing a week from 2 separate incidents.

I wonder if the MRP will recognise this irony or if they will forge ahead with the farcical findings we juat know they are going to make.

The first push and shove to the face might get half a look.

Intentional, there was no mitigating factors at play when he lined up Hodge for a whack.
High Contact, clearly to the head.
Impact? because it was open hands and didn't seem to have long-term effects during the game. The whole case will come down to whether it is deemed low impact or insufficient force. I can see this getting thrown out but then again it's all about the look, and it's not something you want to encourage. With anyone else this would be borderline, since it is Buddy he is fine.

The coat hangar is also quite risky. Is there any chance both offenses are worth a fine each and will add up to a week? Obviously I am more hopeful than anything.

Push to face = nothing - contact with eyes was incidental, not a strike, insufficient force.

Coathanger = careless, low impact, high = Fine. Given it puts him on 3rd strike for finals (any minor incident results in suspension), likely will be ignored also (see AFL v Fyfe, 2016).

Hodge tummy tap = only saw once, looked more a straight-arm block than a swinging arm - media guy has Hodge suspended already, Swan went down, but with no whistle got up and was immediately back in play.

Heeney tackle = Ok, doubtful even a free. Hardwick missed 2nd half with concussion, but read that was from an incident with Jack later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back