News Franklin to miss Dockers clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly because it isn't quite what they say it is.

Playing him the day after a seizure while he was carrying a bad back is strange too. Not really a case of looking after the player.

Must admit, thought that from the start. They're being very cryptic about it.

AFL have a history of initially releasing news stories about players busted for illicit recreational drug use as being rested due to 'mental health' issues. See Travis Tuck & Ben Cousins.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for Buddy who may well have a legitimate mental health issue. I'm just saying.

AFL have a history of initially releasing news stories about players busted for illicit recreational drug use as being rested due to 'mental health' issues. See Travis Tuck & Ben Cousins.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for Buddy who may well have a legitimate mental health issue. I'm just saying.

yeah I have the same thoughts - a lot of rumours going around saying the same

Swans covering up his 3rd strike (or potentially 3rd strike) by disclosing it - strike doesn't count

Why are they being so secretive about it? Wouldnt it be good if it was just 'Buddy is Bipolar' or 'Buddy has anxiety attacks'. A this vaguery is pretty 3 years ago. Unless Buddy has asked for it to be a secret I guess.

yeah I have the same thoughts - a lot of rumours going around saying the same

Swans covering up his 3rd strike (or potentially 3rd strike) by disclosing it - strike doesn't count

It doesn't quite add up.

If he is having seizures or an "undisclosed mental health" issue why is it a mystery to his closest peeps?

Why are they being so secretive about it? Wouldnt it be good if it was just 'Buddy is Bipolar' or 'Buddy has anxiety attacks'. A this vaguery is pretty 3 years ago. Unless Buddy has asked for it to be a secret I guess.
It could be that buddy is bipolar and he is currently getting treatment for a manic episode... Could last any where from a couple of weeks to a couple of months :(

So now people having a go at Buddy for using drugs.

Just stop.

Yeah agreed, thats why I think they should just get it out there unless Buddy has asked for it to be kept private. Treat mental health like a physical injury just to help remove stigma. I dont know maybe its to soon for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right guys, I've just got word that Buddy has real issues with the recreational stuff. It's causing real self doubt and paranoia. That combined with his back issues has forced Sydney to use the "mental health" card, as they have a "medical out" with their insurance policy.
Please don't shoot the messenger, but source is very good.

So now people having a go at Buddy for using drugs.

Just stop.

Right guys, I've just got word that Buddy has real issues with the recreational stuff. It's causing real self doubt and paranoia. That combined with his back issues has forced Sydney to use the "mental health" card, as they have a "medical out" with their insurance policy.
Please don't shoot the messenger, but source is very good.

Nah, just shoot the messenger. It's not our business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back