Banter Fraser Gehrig - The Legend of the G-Train

Remove this Banner Ad

G-Train once threw a Boomerang so hard it never cameback ...

Meatloaf say's he would do anything for love but he wont do that... G-Train told him not to do that ...

it a little know fact but Fraser Gehrig was actually born at the north pole ... One particular Christmas season a long time ago, G Train was getting ready for his annual trip but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so GTrain was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule. Then some one told G Milney was coming to visit so this stressed him out even more

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out at heaven knows where. More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, GTrain went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the Bakes had hid the liquor and there was nothing to drink.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffeepot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made of. Just then the doorbell rang and GTrain cussed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas Fraser. Isn't it just a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Isn't it just a lovely tree? Where would you like me to stick it?

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the tree.....

G Train just on the losing side v the Saints R6 1998 at Subi just on Fox Footy

Eight straight in the 4th, Daniel Healey with 6, Spider with 5. G Train four for the losers

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s on again now. Young Michael Gardner is also playing.
Spider actually kicked six as well as Healy. They both turned 24 that day.
And no Burke or Loewe.

It’s on again now. Young Michael Gardner is also playing.
Spider actually kicked six as well as Healy. They both turned 24 that day.
And no Burke or Loewe.
Hall & Thompson out as well.

Stan Alves in an interview a few years ago said that game was the best win he had ever been involved in in his time at St.Kilda.

To be honest, for me it ranks #1 on my list of most memorable St.Kilda victories. Even better than the prelims of 97 or 09.

It was an absolutely incredible performance.

I've got the game on my PC and just checked the last quarter again.

We were down by 27 points (112-85) with 9:55 remaining in the game. AND the Eagles kicked another goal as we were charging back.

To kick 6 goals in the last 10 minutes is something I don't think I'll ever see again.

Hall & Thompson out as well.

Stan Alves in an interview a few years ago said that game was the best win he had ever been involved in in his time at St.Kilda.

To be honest, for me it ranks #1 on my list of most memorable St.Kilda victories. Even better than the prelims of 97 or 09.

It was an absolutely incredible performance.

I've got the game on my PC and just checked the last quarter again.

We were down by 27 points (112-85) with 9:55 remaining in the game. AND the Eagles kicked another goal as we were charging back.

To kick 6 goals in the last 10 minutes is something I don't think I'll ever see again.
Yeah it was most certainly one of the great wins! Especially considering outs.....The quality of
Opposition in enemy territory!
My fave memory from that was the almost maniacal deranged Fist pump
From the perennially emotional Alves aimed at the West Coast Members! :)
Stan the Man was pumped! lol

We actually bettered that comeback about 4 yrs earlier at the SCG
In what turned out to be one of Pluggers last games for the Saints!
After knocking the living s**t out of Peter Cavens ugly mug
He proceeded to kick 10 as we came from an almost unbelievable
8 goals down with like 10 mins to go to win!
Big Plugger even leaping in the air to give a mighty up yours to the Syd members!

In that moment you would have given a million to one for him
Wearing a Swans Guernsey Rd 1 following season!

Yeah it was most certainly one of the great wins! Especially considering outs.....The quality of
Opposition in enemy territory!
My fave memory from that was the almost maniacal deranged Fist pump
From the perennially emotional Alves aimed at the West Coast Members! :)
Stan the Man was pumped! lol

We actually bettered that comeback about 4 yrs earlier at the SCG
In what turned out to be one of Pluggers last games for the Saints!
After knocking the living s**t out of Peter Cavens ugly mug
He proceeded to kick 10 as we came from an almost unbelievable
8 goals down with like 10 mins to go to win!
Big Plugger even leaping in the air to give a mighty up yours to the Syd members!

In that moment you would have given a million to one for him
Wearing a Swans Guernsey Rd 1 following season!
Yes I do remember...almost knocked the poor cheer squad ladies head off too!

Back to the WCE however...yes everything you mentioned, but also the heat that day! I think it was about 35 degrees in Perth, which makes the performance even more spectacular considering the boys would've been buggered in the last quarter and had to spend all their petrol tickets to even get back in the game.

It stood out to me even as a kid watching it because of the heart break of '97, and the way we started '98. We were 4-1 heading into the WCE game, and with all those stars out of our side I remember thinking to myself that if we were going to be taken seriously as a premiership threat in '98 we needed to put in a performance here. To go 5-1 after six rounds would show that we were ready to go around again.

We finished that round level in top spot, only percentage separating us from Melbourne, Sydney, and the Western Bulldogs. Boys were out for revenge very early on in that year!

More meritorious because we were kicking against the wind in the last and looked gone with ten minutes to go.
Drew Morphett was a terrible, terrible commentator.

I think Thompson played BTW.
Joe McLaren had a rig.
Nicky was sublime.

Loved the style of play back then, no boring zoning and lots of contests one on one. Kicking and turnovers much worse than today IMO.
Dan Healey had a beautiful long kick.

I think Thompson played BTW.
Joe McLaren had a rig.
Nicky was sublime.

Loved the style of play back then, no boring zoning and lots of contests one on one. Kicking and turnovers much worse than today IMO.
Dan Healey had a beautiful long kick.

Ben Thompson played his first game. Looked pretty good.
No Andrew Thompson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had my first experience of G-Train in the flesh this morning.
Man he’s huge.
I think I stand as high as his shoulders.
There is zero chance I would have ever been able to outplay him!!!!!!!

There is zero chance I would even allow myself even for one millisecond think that perhaps I could in this universe or any parallel universe play anywhere near him yet outplay him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is zero chance I would even allow myself even for one millisecond think that perhaps I could in this universe or any parallel universe play anywhere near him yet outplay him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a sane approach

I had my first experience of G-Train in the flesh this morning.
Man he’s huge.
I think I stand as high as his shoulders.
There is zero chance I would have ever been able to outplay him!!!!!!!

And he probably didn't even have that growly face aimed at you.

my dear old Mum had a lot of hardships in her life growing up. It toughened her up. When she was alive she called a spade a spade and suffered no fools.
Yet when the G-Train announced his(first) retirement and played the farewell game in the victory Vs Rich at the MCG she cried like a baby as he was chaired off the ground.
She absolutely loved Fraser:hearts::hearts::hearts:

I also noticed she stopped the tears and cheered up once the G-Train took his jumper off
fraser-gehrig-04990809-a901-4db4-acb7-4c96e152bc9-resize-750.jpeg
:drunk::drunk:

It's the peak summer period and snakes are on high alert to be careful of g-train bites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back