Admin Announcement Fred, long time BigFooty Admin, passed away on Saturday night. Funeral Sunday 30th at 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

After a long battle with cancer, long time member and admin of BigFooty, Fred, passed away on Saturday night.

Fred was a big part of BigFooty for over a decade and will be missed by all who knew him.

A message from his family:

Sadly I write to let you know that Ian (Fred) passed away last night. He was peaceful and slipped away quietly. A Saint to the end he will be buried in his St Kilda scarf. RIP Ian.

Thank you for sending messages which were read to him.

Funeral service:

The funeral for Ian Roper will be a graveside service at Echuca Cemetery on Sunday April 30 at 1pm.

Anyone from the Bigfooty community will be most welcome.

Flowers:
Send to
Kyabram Funerals
119 Albion St
Kyabram

They will bring them to the funeral.

Make a donation:
You can also donate to Bowel Cancer Australia:
https://www.bowelcanceraustralia.org/donate

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Fred.

A few years back Fred suffered a heart attack, during which he had to drive himself to the hospital.

He told me that he thought that was it for him and the fact he survived that meant each day was a gift for him.

When he told me he was sick with cancer he expected to die from it. He also did not fear it at all.

Ian was always straight to the point and didn't * about, he died surrounded by loved ones. I'm sure that's how he wanted it.

Cheers Fred, we had some good chats and you often called me out via PM for being a dick. Very much a by the book man.

RIP.

RIP Fred

BigFooty won't be the same with out you champ. In passing you're released from your pain resting peacefully up through the pearly gates high in the sky

RIP Fred

A fella I got to know more from my time at the Roys, good fella with a good sense of humour behind the scenes.

:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back