Admin Announcement Fred, long time BigFooty Admin, passed away on Saturday night. Funeral Sunday 30th at 1pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

s**t. Just noticed this.

Was wondering why I hadn't seen Fred around. A fantastic person and made Bigfooty great. Will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace.

Fred bant me from the main board once upon a time after there was a suggestions thread for who should be the next moderator and I suggested Suzi Olsen.

I was 100% serious but Fred swiftly dismissed my suggestion (at a time when the main board was taken seriously) and banished me.

5 years later I was allowed back.

Vale Fred.

After a long battle with cancer, long time member and admin of BigFooty, Fred, passed away on Saturday night.

Fred was a big part of BigFooty for over a decade and will be missed by all who knew him.

A message from his family:

Sadly I write to let you know that Ian (Fred) passed away last night. He was peaceful and slipped away quietly. A Saint to the end he will be buried in his St Kilda scarf. RIP Ian.

Thank you for sending messages which were read to him.

Funeral service:

The funeral for Ian Roper will be a graveside service at Echuca Cemetery on Sunday April 30 at 1pm.

Anyone from the Bigfooty community will be most welcome.

R.I.P. rest in peace.

So sad. Started on BigFooty almost exactly the same time as me. I think this place was like an online family for him and gave him a sense of purpose.

Had many discussions with Fred over the years. An absolute BigFooty Titan in terms of what he contributed to the BigFooty we know today.

RIP Fred
I must say i didn't have alot of interaction with Fred, but the time you changed my username as a joke and then Fred had to change it back. He was not happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a long battle with cancer, long time member and admin of BigFooty, Fred, passed away on Saturday night.

Fred was a big part of BigFooty for over a decade and will be missed by all who knew him.

A message from his family:

Sadly I write to let you know that Ian (Fred) passed away last night. He was peaceful and slipped away quietly. A Saint to the end he will be buried in his St Kilda scarf. RIP Ian.

Thank you for sending messages which were read to him.

Funeral service:

The funeral for Ian Roper will be a graveside service at Echuca Cemetery on Sunday April 30 at 1pm.

Anyone from the Bigfooty community will be most welcome.
RIP

RIP Fred.

A great bloke and BF stalwart who gave great assistance to us mods for years, and always had time for a late night chat.

Will be greatly missed!

Sincerest condolences to his family and all who knew him in and around the Echuca community.

RIP Fred.

Very sad news. Didn't have much interaction with him but am very grateful to anyone who puts so much effort into this site.

Condolences to his family.

RIP Mate.

Ian & I were long time pals on Bigfooty, joining within a month of each other and having many a long chat in old chat room that we once had on Bigfooty.

There were many of us who chatted in it, unfortunately most no longer use Bigfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back