List Mgmt. Free Agency 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Garner is still a baby really. No real need to rush him into the side. Has done well from day one since he came into the magpies side playing as a defender. We’ve got a fair bit of depth. Sam Mayes who came over from Brisbane and been playing well can’t crack our side. Plenty of opportunity there for him in time though.

Have zero idea what trade value is as he wasn’t a high pick and hasn’t debuted but don’t imagine port would want to part with him either. Would very much like to keep him as he is intriguing and we need medium defenders going into future. Doesn’t seem like he is in a rush to go anywhere either.

Thanks for the response mate.

He does definitely need to have a preseason or two under his belt and bulk up a little, however he is a really good kid and has upside.

Also has leadership traits and I'm shattered that we didn't end up drafting him.

He's always wanted to play for Hawthorn (his entire family are Hawthorn fanatics) and always wanted to play with his brother, but it's good to hear that he's very happy up there.

If he was for some unforeseen reason choose to leave, do you think your club would be looking for a late pick or one of our SA fringe players?

Thanks again and all the best against Carlton, not that you need it.

Thanks for the response mate.

He does definitely need to have a preseason or two under his belt and bulk up a little, however he is a really good kid and has upside.

Also has leadership traits and I'm shattered that we didn't end up drafting him.

He's always wanted to play for Hawthorn (his entire family are Hawthorn fanatics) and always wanted to play with his brother, but it's good to hear that he's very happy up there.

If he was for some unforeseen reason choose to leave, do you think your club would be looking for a late pick or one of our SA fringe players?

Thanks again and all the best against Carlton, not that you need it.

If we wanted a player of shoenmaker’s, O’Brien’s or brands calibre we would draft them from a state league.

If we wanted any of those players you would have gift wrapped them and handed them to us in the Wingard or impey trade. The fact we haven’t taken them twice probably tells you about their quality.

You’ve certainly got no one I want that you would let go.

So it would probably have to be picks. We’ve already got like 4 4th rounders. Not interested in another late pick. Hope to keep him and it’s hard to imagine him leaving right now as well.

I think it unlikely.

If we wanted a player of shoenmaker’s, O’Brien’s or brands calibre we would draft them from a state league.

If we wanted any of those players you would have gift wrapped them and handed them to us in the Wingard or impey trade. The fact we haven’t taken them twice probably tells you about their quality.

You’ve certainly got no one I want that you would let go.

So it would probably have to be picks. We’ve already got like 4 4th rounders. Not interested in another late pick. Hope to keep him and it’s hard to imagine him leaving right now as well.

I think it unlikely.

You're most likely right but will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again mate!

How can one garner be a part of hawthorne's zone but the other isnt? Was there a rule change at some point?

Don’t think Joel was eligible at the time.

But yeah Victorian sides get different set of rules than we do.

Milera and rankine would have been academy eligible to whatever sa sides they were zoned to under Vic’s rules as just a couple of examples.

How can one garner be a part of hawthorne's zone but the other isnt? Was there a rule change at some point?

Think it was either an age restriction or perhaps he was drafted prior to them taking effect.

I do however remember that in his draft year we had no rights over him.

I'll try to clarify at my end and let you know.

Apologies for the intrusion, I was just wondering why Joel Garner hasn't been getting a game.

Our club was very interested in him but with James Worpel being available at our first selection, we chose him thinking that Joel would be available at our second selection.

Unfortunately he was snapped up by yourselves which put a spanner in the works.

What do you think your club would be looking for in a trade for him?

His younger brother is part of our NGA and we will most likely draft him, it'd be nice to have them both playing together.

Thanks for your time and apologies if this isn't the correct thread.
Probably early to mid first rounder would get it done...

Probably early to mid first rounder would get it done...

Done deal mate, wait here while I go get my pen.

I promise that I'll be right back.

Seriously though we both know that won't happen.

I wish him all the best and hope that he gets a game soon, also wish your side all the best for the season.

Thanks for the response.

Don’t think Joel was eligible at the time.

But yeah Victorian sides get different set of rules than we do.

Milera and rankine would have been academy eligible to whatever sa sides they were zoned to under Vic’s rules as just a couple of examples.

So you're saying that SA teams don't have zones?

That's harsh as hell if correct.

So you're saying that SA teams don't have zones?

That's harsh as hell if correct.

We get indigenous boys from country areas. No metro or suburban.

Victorian teams get metro and country. Anywhere in Vic and some other places like NT as well.

As I said milera and rankine would have been academy pickups for the sa teams under the rules the Vic teams get.

I'm coming around to Shane Edwards. He is a very damaging player and would improve our best 22. He's from Adelaide. Richmond don't have any celery left. The only issue is age, but meh if you get three good years out of him at no trade cost then it's a win.

Sexton signed with Gold Coast for another four years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other day when I looked at the list in the article Ford linked in the OP, I noticed Tory Dickson on the list as he was right at the end and thought, I don't know if I want him, but I want someone who can kick like him on our list.

Just saw him line up for goal in today's game on 7 and Hamish says, he has kicked 157.54 - which now is 158.54 which is a 74.5% conversion. His set shot conversion is probably at 80% then allowing for difficult snaps and shots on the run on tough angles.

Before today he is sitting 2nd best scoring conversion on record.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/accuracy.html

Adam Tomlinson very much in play.

Well I guess he would be first 22 and we wouldn’t have to trade for him so a smart pickup.

Would like him as a 3rd tall forward pressing up onto wings.

What position does he play for gws? A utility type?

Also I wonder if we’re after jack martin again this offseason. If we landed both spots in our 22 would become very competitive.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back