Free Agency/Trade Period 2020 - Oct 30th - Nov 12th

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

I remember bringing up their trade history with one of their supporters last year after he was giving Carlton s**t. You won’t believe the amount of crap spewed to justify it all. These are the assholes that did some s**t trading that got * the draft picks that they used on Lloyd and Lucas. As you said, McLeod for Groom was another. And who could ever forget Pick 1 (Hodge) , (20) and 36 (Mitchell) for McPharlin and Croad, with Croad ending back up at Hawthorn a year later to have an AA year and win a flag.

Its amazing the level of one-eyed fandom a supporter can come up with that through all their s**t trading, that potentially losing Luke Hodge or Chris Judd and Sam Mitchell still being available at Pick 36, that it didn’t matter because Luke McPharlin played 244 games for Fremantle. Oh, geez.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Don’t underestimate the significance of some of the lesser lights signings like McKernan. With the new seconds structure, every side will need some bigger bodies with experience in the 2s, especially in key positions. $100, 000 won’t stretch far to acquire these types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
I think it's a smart backup, considering what happened when Ryder went down during finals
Nah, he's bog ordinary. 30 years old and 87 games with little more than the occasional highlight. List numbers are reduced, surely they could find a better option.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
They could have tried I guess, who would you have targeted for them to play a backup anywhere down the spine?
Wright is getting given away to the Bombers as a replacement for Mckernan. He still might make something of his career, but who knows. Always several back up rucks on the market. Even Mason Cox would be a better option. Not a fan of these jack of all trades acquisitions.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Wright is getting given away to the Bombers as a replacement for Mckernan. He still might make something of his career, but who knows. Always several back up rucks on the market. Even Mason Cox would be a better option. Not a fan of these jack of all trades acquisitions.

I prefer versatile, so I think the pick up is smart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back