Remove this Banner Ad

BigRedRoo

Club Legend
May 17, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi All,

I come to the conclusion we desperately need to recruit some experienced players to steady the ship.
Thinking along the lines of Luke Hodge move to Brisbane and marshalled the backline for a couple of seasons.
I think we should be looking a two very experienced quality players who can come in a do a similar job to Hodge.
This would also help with the development of the younger players we have.

So the real question is if we down down this path who would we want to fit these roles?

Below is the full list of all the free agents for this year.
Does anyone standout as target?

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS IN 2022

Brisbane:
Darcy Gardiner
Collingwood: Jordan De Goey
Essendon: Kyle Langford
Fremantle: Alex Pearce
Hawthorn: James Sicily
Melbourne: Angus Brayshaw
Richmond: Kane Lambert
Sydney: Lance Franklin

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS IN 2022

ADELAIDE

Ben Davis*
Mitch Hinge*
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE
Ryan Lester
Daniel McStay
Mitch Robinson*
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON
Matt Cottrell*
Ed Curnow
Matt Kennedy
Oscar McDonald*
Jack Newnes^
Lochie O’Brien*

COLLINGWOOD
Isaac Chugg*
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Jordan Roughead^

ESSENDON

Dyson Heppell
Michael Hurley
Alec Waterman*

FREMANTLE
Bailey Banfield*
Connor Blakely*
Mitch Crowden*
David Mundy

GEELONG
Luke Dahlhaus^
Tom Hawkins
Shaun Higgins^
Joel Selwood
Isaac Smith^

GOLD COAST
Levi Casboult*
Charlie Constable*
Jez McLennan*

GWS
Jarrod Brander*
Matt De Boer*
Lachlan Keeffe*
Adam Kennedy
Daniel Lloyd*
Zach Sproule*
Jake Stein*
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN
Jack Gunston
Kyle Hartigan*
Daniel Howe
Ben McEvoy
Liam Shiels

MELBOURNE
Mitch Brown*
Majak Daw*
Jayden Hunt

PORT ADELAIDE
Karl Amon
Travis Boak
Trent Dumont*
Robbie Gray
Sam Mayes*
Trent McKenzie*
Steven Motlop^
Sam Skinner*

RICHMOND
Trent Cotchin
Shane Edwards
Ben Miller*
Bigoa Nyuon*
Matt Parker*
Jack Riewoldt
Jayden Short

ST KILDA
Tom Campbell*
Jarryn Geary
Darragh Joyce*
Jarrod Lienert*
Mason Wood*

SYDNEY
Harry Cunningham
Robbie Fox*
Josh Kennedy
Jake Lloyd
Paddy McCartin*
Sam Naismith
Sam Reid
Lewis Taylor*

WEST COAST
Hugh Dixon*
Shannon Hurn
Jamaine Jones*
Tom Joyce*
Josh Kennedy
Patrick Naish*
Nic Naitanui
Jackson Nelson
Luke Shuey
Luke Strnadica*

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Zaine Cordy
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel
Taylor Duryea^
Jason Johannisen
Tom Liberatore
Stefan Martin^
Toby McLean
Mitch Wallis

*Previously delisted
^Previously a free agent

Doesn’t matter if they stand out to us, we are so s**t they won't want to come to us.
I understand that, but if you have a few seasons left and the current club is putting the squeeze on your salary, we might be able to entice a couple of quality players to finish their carreers at North a bank a few final big cheques.

Yeh the open cheque book has enticed a lot of quality players over before.

Jarrod Pickett openly opting for NEAFL if North was the only trade option was testimony to the pulling power we enjoy in the AFL market.

Yeh the open cheque book has enticed a lot of quality players over before.

Jarrod Pickett openly opting for NEAFL if North was the only trade option was testimony to the pulling power we enjoy in the AFL market.
Didnt say it would be easy, an after football job might be the ticket for current senior players to make the move?

Pearce, McStay as KP targets.

Connor Blakely is dominating in the WAFL and down the pecking order. McLennan was a very good junior rebounding defender but can't get a game and hasn't really set the world on fire.

Not really sure what to say, we aren't really going to sell ourselves with what we are dishing up, so as Spider said it's almost not worthy discussing. Hard to see anyone playing good senior footy electing to come over, so it's either we pick some scraps and hopefully have some fortune with a new environment for a player or two, or we get nothing and take pick 2, Cooper Harvey and a couple speculative (or even mature) types later in the draft (a tall ruckman, a kpf, a small forward)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we can go after whoever we want, but they won't come.

The only chance we have is moving on Noble and creating some sort of excitement through a new coaching team.
Well there is a review starting today with Walsh and we know that Walsh is a toecutter, so the only thing to expect is changes will be made

Fact checker please..

Was reported at time might've been circa 2015. He was under contract but GWS were open to moving him on with us as the suitor.

Articles stated he would prefer to remain in the NEAFL over moving to us. He moved to Carlton a year later.

Don't have a URL reference on this so you elect to disbelieve fair enough.

Shane Edwards.

Was reported at time might've been circa 2015. He was under contract but GWS were open to moving him on with us as the suitor.

Articles stated he would prefer to remain in the NEAFL over moving to us. He moved to Carlton a year later.

Don't have a URL reference on this so you elect to disbelieve fair enough.

I believe your recollection, just wonder if it wasn't spun a certain way by the press and/or his management to get him to his preferred destination. This was end 2016 and so to outsiders I reckon we still would have looked okay.

I believe your recollection, just wonder if it wasn't spun a certain way by the press and/or his management to get him to his preferred destination. This was end 2016 and so to outsiders I reckon we still would have looked okay.

Possibly, it might've been agents or clubs playing games and using us as the leverage or pawn.

Fwiw I thought after both Shaw's and Noble's 1st years they took some positive sentiment into the trade periods and the media reflected it. While the media is largely shaped by agendas I think some truth does seep through.

It was jarrod garlett and he left Gold Coast for family reasons back in WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back