TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
David Mundy and Ben Stratton

Mundy is still a good player, and can kick goals as a forward while playing some time in the middle. He has leadership and plenty of IP which we need onfield and then move into a coaching role.
Stratton to replace Morris and have a reliable defender so we can leave Naughton forward. Again onfield leadership comes into play here.

Morris and Dickson retire at seasons end so we should have their $ plus plenty more. Hopefully Mundy wants to come back to Vic, and Clarkson can send off Stratton like he did with Mitchell and Hodge albeit a bit younger.

David Mundy and Ben Stratton

Mundy is still a good player, and can kick goals as a forward while playing some time in the middle. He has leadership and plenty of IP which we need onfield and then move into a coaching role.
Stratton to replace Morris and have a reliable defender so we can leave Naughton forward. Again onfield leadership comes into play here.

Morris and Dickson retire at seasons end so we should have their $ plus plenty more. Hopefully Mundy wants to come back to Vic, and Clarkson can send off Stratton like he did with Mitchell and Hodge albeit a bit younger.

Mundy is 33 & playing his 300th against us this week, outside chance of a Hodge role but only if he wants to go back to melbourne. Stratton is Hawks captain, no chance.

That list is absolutely gross & needs to be updated anyway, some players have re-signed such as Sexton. Outside of Coniglio & Tomlinson, absolutely no interest in anyone remotely gettable. I’d actually have a crack at Tomlinson if any as we need a tall forward like him, but pretty sure he’s close to staying at the plastics. Better off chasing restricted players like Josh Kelly than anyone else on that list

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
Mundy is 33 & playing his 300th against us this week, outside chance of a Hodge role but only if he wants to go back to melbourne. Stratton is Hawks captain, no chance.

Our chance for Mundy was last year, i hope it was a consideration. i don't care how old he is, he would still be a top 10 player for us easily. Yep if there is a come home factor then its possible. Damn i didnt even know Stratton was their captain this year ... you're right no chance :(

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Naughton stays fwd, Astbury would be a significant upgrade on what we have back. And with Moz injured and/retiring and Roberts likely delisted, we desperately need a solid presence back. We should be able to easily beat the Richmond salary offer as well with their cap likely being tighter than ours IMO.

Elliott subject to medical. Would possibly look at if he can get through the season.

Slim pickings.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Astbury is the clear stand out for our needs.

I'd take Elliot too if there's a bit of a salary cap squeeze at the Pies, which there should be.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is Sam Day gettable? I would’ve thought he and/or Astbury would be what we need off that list and it’s not going to be for Wingard sort of coin. Thompson some appeal if we can’t get them.

Knowing how we recruit, we’re next to no chance of doing it, but one of them experienced rucks wouldn’t hurt for a year or 2 either.

Not sure on any of them forwards. Puopolo if he was 2-3 years younger than yes. Unless we took the risk on Elliot which I’d be somewhat hesitant about.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mckay
Kruezer
Elliott
S.Hill
Sexton
Coniglio
Tomlinson
Puopolo
Astbury
Edwards
Newnes
Kennedy
Masten
Sheppard

Id be happy for any of these guys to be looked at. Imagine getting J.Kennedy..

Unless we sort out whatever's gone wrong over the last couple of years - and is gathering momentum week by week - this is all just daydreaming.

Far from being a "destination club" we will become a "terminal club", a no-go zone for players with any market value. The only ones who will come are those who can't get a game at their club and want to extend their earning career by a couple of years. We'll put lipstick on it and say it's a great recruiting coup.

Let's focus on somehow clinging to the good cattle we have (and believe it or not there are quite a few of them) and stick to the draft. Anything else post-season is a bonus ... or a list-clogger.

Mckay
Kruezer
Elliott
S.Hill
Sexton
Coniglio
Tomlinson
Puopolo
Astbury
Edwards
Newnes
Kennedy
Masten
Sheppard

Id be happy for any of these guys to be looked at. Imagine getting J.Kennedy..
Because most of these players are good footballers all getting a game with their current clubs, it is odds on that we wouldn't attract any of them and all the better ones, if on the move, would go to the usual destination clubs.

AJARWA

All Australian
Mar 2, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Unless we sort out whatever's gone wrong over the last couple of years - and is gathering momentum week by week - this is all just daydreaming.

Far from being a "destination club" we will become a "terminal club", a no-go zone for players with any market value. The only ones who will come are those who can't get a game at their club and want to extend their earning career by a couple of years. We'll put lipstick on it and say it's a great recruiting coup.

Let's focus on somehow clinging to the good cattle we have (and believe it or not there are quite a few of them) and stick to the draft. Anything else post-season is a bonus ... or a list-clogger.
Been reading your posts for a number of years and don't recall reading such pessimism. Scary thing is I couldn't agree more right now. Good thing is the club has plenty of games left to turn the ship around. Let's hope Beveridge and co eat a bit of humble pie and acknowledge their mistakes asap, like they did with the Wood forward backflip. Big game tomorrow.

Back