Movie Free Guy (2021).

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
It's probably best to not know anything about Free Guy before you watch it but if you must (and it's not really a spoiler)

A bank teller discovers that he's actually a non player character (NPC) inside a violent video game.

Ryan Reynolds is perfect in the lead role. Jodie Comer is always excellent, and this is a nice expansion into her repertoire. The script is witty and tight. The CGI is top notch. There are good action sequences without them getting tedious.

You might like it if you liked The Truman Show.

7/10.

Watched it tonight with my 10 year old and to be honest we both thoroughly enjoyed it, I hadn't read much into it so had no expectations, just enjoyed it.. Good story with heart and some nice little surprises near the end that I didn't expect

Maybe I had read too many positive reviews and it had built my expectations up but I thought it was average at best.

I really like Ryan Reynolds, but he has to try and play a different character. He's the new Vince Vaughn.
Vince Vaughn was great in Brawl in Cellblock 99. Range is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he likes playing himself and hes getting paid damn well to do it. I can begrudge him for it.
And then he goes home each night to Blake Lively... Bloke is literally living his best life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back