Free-ish Brisbane Lions Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not trying to encourage gambling, but I received this from Sportsbet today (hyperlink seems buggy, try copy and pasting it into your address bar): http://promotions.sportsbet.com.au/bfc-guernsey?CMP=POM|SBT|BRI&dclid=CJHQ0t7zuswCFQ-AvQodm0UPmA

Looking at the T&C's, it seems like all you have to do is place a $50 bet (could be at $1.01 odds) to claim the free guernsey. It's even a 2016 one, which probably go for around ~$100. Definitely worth a look. I'm definitely not encouraging you to bet more than the $50 required - gambling is bad!

Last edited:

...and for anyone who doesn't want gambling advertising in their communications from the club, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, and then un-check the Betting Partner checkbox and click save.
I've emailed the club suggesting the Betting Partner should be an opt-in option, not opt-out.

Not trying to encourage gambling, but I received this from Sportsbet today...
Nothing personal against you Kent Brockman, but this email is exactly trying to encourage gambling. I hope no lions members susceptible to problem gambling lose more than their $50 on the back of receiving this email. It's personal choice as to whether someone places a bet or not... but problem gamblers don't need any encouragement.

It's only free if you get your $50 back. Quite surprised companies are still doing this sort of thing.
..it's quite surprising the government still allows betting/gambling companies to do this kind of thing... though the government has the same dependence on gambling revenues as the football industry.

Yeah, nah. Would rather buy it straight from the club. Sportsbet ruin people's lives.

Obviously nothing in it for those who are already Sportsbet members? Not a fan of such a targeted concept, hopefully the club make a bit of coin out of it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back