Free Kick Differential - Our style or Bad Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Razor Ray made a dick of himself again last night and shouldn’t be allowed to umpire a finals game after his performance.
Umpires yesterday at the G lost the plot after half time. With the the finals coming up we'll hopefully end up getting quality back into the system where the better umpires will only pay the obvious ones and shove the whistle between their lower cheeks.

Last edited:
Razor Ray made a dick of himself again last night and shouldn’t be allowed to umpire a finals game after his performance.
Umpires yesterday at the G list the plot after half time. With their the finals coming up well hopefully end up getting quality back into the system where the better umpires will only pay the obvious ones and shove the whistle between their lower cheeks.
Careful you don’t criticise the umpires, they get 98% of calls correct

It’s the 2% incorrect that I worry about. :moustache:
I’m more concerned about the others they just let fly. I don’t normally blame umpiring but our last two weeks in particular we have been reamed.

It’s the inconsistency that peeves me and not just in our games either.

That more than anything else is ruining the game!

I’m more concerned about the others they just let fly. I don’t normally blame umpiring but our last two weeks in particular we have been reamed.

It’s the inconsistency that peeves me and not just in our games either.

That more than anything else is ruining the game!
inconsistency is an issue, but to me you need to be able to make the right calls on the difficult cases as well. They're failing in most areas atm and some can't make the simple calls which is what is making the game look ugly. The second half yesterday was not about inconsistency ,but more about incompetence.
Last weeks game against Essendon was about both .

I though it was Razor who called that 'touched' off the boot kick for goal...then asked for a score review?!?!
WTF...if so what an absolute Drama Queen...
That last Q could not make sense of the umpiring frees paid and the one's that were not!

I though it was Razor who called that 'touched' off the boot kick for goal...then asked for a score review?!?!
WTF...if so what an absolute Drama Queen...
That last Q could not make sense of the umpiring frees paid and the one's that were not!

What about late when the swans were in front umpire calls time off but clock still going

What about late when the swans were in front umpire calls time off but clock still going
A lot of unofficial game engineering going on...
Reckon the new recruits for umpires find out that they have to officiate the game in a certain manner and lose interest...no wonder nobody wants to go into umpiring...and their ranks are thin! They discover that it's a secret cabal of AFL sucks...

Razor ray again made it all about him last night. I felt sorry for the hawthorn players particularly. It is always about him. His charity, his profile, his running commentary to the players, speaking down to them like they are morons. He is a disgrace to the game.

Plenty here tell me he is a good guy. Maybe he is but he just reminds me of one of my old school teachers who was also an umpire.

Razor ray again made it all about him last night. I felt sorry for the hawthorn players particularly. It is always about him. His charity, his profile, his running commentary to the players, speaking down to them like they are morons. He is a disgrace to the game.

Plenty here tell me he is a good guy. Maybe he is but he just reminds me of one of my old school teachers who was also an umpire.
As Richo said, don't tell the players they are doing something wrong, just pay a free kick. Some of his comments to players are just unwarranted and he should be spoken to about this type of approach. He is creating a huge hole for himself if for example in a tight game he warns one player about infringing but the next player he doesn't and it costs him the game, why should one player receive advice and not the other, keep your trap shut Razor. Next he will be linking up with players via a handpass, likes to be in the limelight and especially in finals this is not the type of umpire you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But but but he is a good guy , charities et al

It’s ussually the ones who try and promote the cleaner than though image who are the dirtiest

No. He seems to be just a genuine tosser.

Gill needs to call him in and sit him down and read the frggin riot act to him.

"Ray, just blow your whistle and indicate whose free it is. Shut the fk up and umpire the rules of the game."

The review summed him up.

"I think it was touched so I 'have to' review it."
No you don't Ray. Every goal is reviewed AND the goal umpire was sure it was touched and made the call. Ray trots in, halts everything, demands to be given a ball whilst standing in the goal square. Look at me taking control of this by book. Except Ray, you fkd up. Worse, your arrogance went next level when the goal umpire in a different incident was trying to tell you the player had gone the wrong side of the post and it was a behind, and you ignored him because it is your game.

One of the better decision makers imo, but an out and out tosser.

No. He seems to be just a genuine tosser.

Gill needs to call him in and sit him down and read the frggin riot act to him.

"Ray, just blow your whistle and indicate whose free it is. Shut the fk up and umpire the rules of the game."

The review summed him up.

"I think it was touched so I 'have to' review it."
No you don't Ray. Every goal is reviewed AND the goal umpire was sure it was touched and made the call. Ray trots in, halts everything, demands to be given a ball whilst standing in the goal square. Look at me taking control of this by book. Except Ray, you fkd up. Worse, your arrogance went next level when the goal umpire in a different incident was trying to tell you the player had gone the wrong side of the post and it was a behind, and you ignored him because it is your game.

One of the better decision makers imo, but an out and out tosser.

Forgot about that one . Imagine if t was a 1 point game

Deplorable standard of "umpiring" yesterday. Not borderline cheating, but that last 10 minutes, the umpires definitely attempted to engineer a win for the doggies. Felt like we were in 2016 all over again. How do we fix it ? Well the two umpires retired and hopefully the female ump would not have picked up too much of their corruption. The positive outcome is bias umpiring does not usually happen in finals.

As Richo said, don't tell the players they are doing something wrong, just pay a free kick. Some of his comments to players are just unwarranted and he should be spoken to about this type of approach. He is creating a huge hole for himself if for example in a tight game he warns one player about infringing but the next player he doesn't and it costs him the game, why should one player receive advice and not the other, keep your trap shut Razor. Next he will be linking up with players via a handpass, likes to be in the limelight and especially in finals this is not the type of umpire you want.
I remember he took a mark about ten years ago.

Hey, did you know that 114 years ago, Richmond was so incensed with the bias of an umpire, we forfeited a Grand Final rather than play under him?

Fun story here: https://tigerlandarchive.org/tiki-index.php?page=1904+Chronology

Some key bits:

Aug 16: Richmond receives a letter from the umpire C. Allen complaining of various rumours about him.
Sep 10: Before the start of the third quarter, during a rough semi final between North Melbourne and Richmond, the umpire, C. Allen asks to see the North players’ boots. North refuse to comply but Allen permits the game to continue.
Sep 24: C. Allen’s umpiring performance at the North Melbourne v. Footscray final is criticised in the press.
Oct 1: The proposed Grand Final between North Melbourne and Richmond does not eventuate because Richmond refuses to play under umpire C. Allen. North are declared the VFA premiers.

I learned this last night courtesy of Rhett Bartlet:

100+ years getting screwed by umpires and scummy cheating opposition clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back