Free kick differential

Remove this Banner Ad

we were outclassed but the game was over after the pies were gifted 5 of their first 7

the result wouldn't have changed
I completely agree with this, unfortunately the game was over after the umps and Collingwood had their way with us. Each of their goals in the first quarter were either from a free kick or the possession after a free kick. Can't win if you haven't got the ball.
The issue I have is that Hinkley has got nothing, if everything doesn't go our way and it took 15 minutes for us to lose all the positive ball movement from last week and go back to the garbage of last year.
Hopefully we weren't on the losing end of the fight in the stands.

few points
the one sided commentators abstained to comment.
we needed a reasonable go to be 1/2 competitive.
One only had to look at the commentary on that first Collingwood goal to detect the bias in their call. Dan Houston grabbed the ball off hands and had no prior opportunity to dispose of the ball before having one arm pinned. The ump got it horribly wrong and all the AFL's FOXTEL lackies could say was 'great tackle'. The player with the ball has to be able to dispose of the ball prior to being tackled. What is so ******* hard to understand in that? The only saving grace might be that the free was paid for incorrect disposal but as I saw it Houston did not have the chance to dispose of the ball correctly or otherwise. If the umps are consistent and pay sudden death frees then we are going have a lot of frees in a game.

I do not know what pisses me off more, the wrong decision or the FOXTEL team defecting criticism away from the umpire. The FOXTEL commentary is not an honest call and as I have posted on numerous occasions I believe the commentators are directed not to comment adversely about umpires.

s**t umpiring and the great FOXTEL cover up make me want to puke. :mad: :sick:

The end of the Freo v Norf game clears up any ambiguity as to whether or not the AFL is rigged and the commentaries blatant barracking for Norf shows that the media are in cahoots.

One only had to look at the commentary on that first Collingwood goal to detect the bias in their call. Dan Houston grabbed the ball off hands and had no prior opportunity to dispose of the ball before having one arm pinned. The ump got it horribly wrong and all the AFL's FOXTEL lackies could say was 'great tackle'. The player with the ball has to be able to dispose of the ball prior to being tackled. What is so ******* hard to understand in that? The only saving grace might be that the free was paid for incorrect disposal but as I saw it Houston did not have the chance to dispose of the ball correctly or otherwise. If the umps are consistent and pay sudden death frees then we are going have a lot of frees in a game.

I do not know what pisses me off more, the wrong decision or the FOXTEL team defecting criticism away from the umpire. The FOXTEL commentary is not an honest call and as I have posted on numerous occasions I believe the commentators are directed not to comment adversely about umpires.

s**t umpiring and the great FOXTEL cover up make me want to puke. :mad: :sick:
Agreed prior opportunity seems to have gone out the window in some of the games I have seen so far this season, there were 3 or 4 line ball calls in the geebung game the other night where one of their players was tackled virtually immediately after grabbing a loose ball, resulting in a holding the ball free paid against them.

It is likely that any issue that club may be having with the umps currently is likely to change when they play us though. :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back