News Free membership upgrade for all 2018 members

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just paid my crippling MCC membership dues today, actually, plus the Carlton member upgrade thing. Will be interesting to see what happens from there.

I used to have that add on via the MCC member upgrade. It just gets you into home games at Etihad, so you will probably get upgraded to both home and away games now.

Mar 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
As an interstate member, a membership upgrade is a nice gesture, but is of no tangible benefit to me at all.

Have been on that Carlton Direct thing for years now, so as long as I don't get charged more for my 2020 membership then all good with me :)
Same. But if we make finals next year could be handy. Oh shite......

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting move by the club.
I have had talks with the membership department lately regarding some issues.
I filled out the membership survey and I received a phone call from them.
I has issues with this super bay on level 1. I sit right next to it and paid 3 times more than the $15 these tickets cost. The bay was in the middle of Captains Club members and Members reserved members. There were lots of people who got these cheap tickets wandering into our areas, especially against Hawthorn.
I was told I was not the only one to bring this up and some had said they would not renew next year or downgrade to general admission because of it.
Maybe the club is trying to keep members and have realised that we have not been treated fairly this year.
This sort of thing was happening more than a decade ago at Etihad Stadium when my son & I used to have reserved seats on Level 1. The staff charged with the responsibility of patrolling these areas become very lax & are very reluctant to do anything about these interlopers (I experienced a similar thing at the MCG during our Round 1 game last year & virtually had to drag the usher from where he was standing to remove some spectators who had not only decided to take up residence in the reserved seats but also on the steps. I was then abused by a number of nearby Richmond supporters for being a killjoy). I don't know if the club have ever raised this with Etihad Management, but they certainly need to if the integrity of reserved seats is to be protected for those who actually pay for them.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
This sort of thing was happening more than a decade ago at Etihad Stadium when my son & I used to have reserved seats on Level 1. The staff charged with the responsibility of patrolling these areas become very lax & are very reluctant to do anything about these interlopers (I experienced a similar thing at the MCG during our Round 1 game last year & virtually had to drag the usher from where he was standing to remove some spectators who had not only decided to take up residence in the reserved seats but also on the steps. I was then abused by a number of nearby Richmond supporters for being a killjoy). I don't know if the club have ever raised this with Etihad Management, but they certainly need to if the integrity of reserved seats is to be protected for those who actually pay for them.
It happens for all clubs... not sure why they don't approach the AFL as a collective and get them to put pressure on the stadiums to police it better.

Fancy getting something for or high...after a tough year on field a great way to keep members smart move
Filth board

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I have had the same issues, especially at the MCG.
I have spoken to the club several times about it.
I sit in M50 at the MCG and they often have areas in M55-56 that are general admission. If these areas are full the people are just wandering over to our bays and sit in our reserved seat area. The problem is made worse by there never being an attendant on the bottom stairwell to stop them coming in. The MCG say it is up to the clubs to say how many attendants they want and if the crowd is expected to low they put on less people.
The attendants at Etihad do a better job but we have also experienced spectators coming into our areas with only general admission tickets, I too have gone to the attendants to get them to move them on. Most of them don't check tickets after half time.
It is really frustrating and not fair that this is happening. The club have told me that these issues will be looked at so I hope things improve next year.

Inside word is the upgrade is free frogurt.

That's good!

The frogurt and the Carlton Football Club is cursed.

That's bad.

But you get your choice of toppings.

That's good!

But the topping contains potassium benzoate.

That's bad.

upload_2018-8-24_15-21-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-24_15-20-47.png
    upload_2018-8-24_15-20-47.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 100
Back