Society/Culture Free redacted - Stephen Christopher Yaxley aka Tommy Robinson

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I actually have no wish to see anyone murdered in prison thank you very much. Regardless of there politics.

I don’t believe prison is a place for anyone bar violent or sexual offenders.
Did he go to gaol for domestic violence?
Was that a mix of violent or sexual offences?

It’s definitely not a place for a man who asked another man ‘how he felt about the verdict?’ whilst holding an iPhone.

That you think that's the entirety of the reason he's in goal, shows you've never read any of the reports or findings.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I thought guys like you were all tough on crime? You're happy enough to see blackfellas locked up for shoplifting but a guy who jeopardises the trial of child rapists not only gets a free pass but is celebrated? It seems incongruous to me.

You must know more than the presiding judge because he has stated that Robinson didn't jeopardise the trial.

As I have previously stated, I think his actions outside the Leeds court were unwise. But the actions taken against him have been a misuse of the state power. He was deprived of his liberty on a charge that was later dropped. He was then tried, found guilty and jailed in unnecessary and possibly unprecedented haste which prevented access to his preferred lawyer. The latest sentence of nine month's jail time is out of step with usual penalties for contempt of court, particularly when it has been shown that his actions did not jeopardise the trial.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for "guys like you" to call for the many journalists who potentially jeopardised the Pell trial to be thrown in jail for several months.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
You must know more than the presiding judge because he has stated that Robinson didn't jeopardise the trial.

As I have previously stated, I think his actions outside the Leeds court were unwise. But the actions taken against him have been a misuse of the state power. He was deprived of his liberty on a charge that was later dropped. He was then tried, found guilty and jailed in unnecessary and possibly unprecedented haste which prevented access to his preferred lawyer. The latest sentence of nine month's jail time is out of step with usual penalties for contempt of court, particularly when it has been shown that his actions did not jeopardise the trial.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for "guys like you" to call for the many journalists who potentially jeopardised the Pell trial to be thrown in jail for several months.
Where to start with this...

1) It's not misused state power, it's a clear precedent that has been shown in many an article if you bothered to read them. Instead you are trotting out the #teamtommyracist line of misuse state power, people wanted him silenced etc. It's incorrect, illogical and downright dangerous to use such idiotic terms.

2) The George Pell case is being held.. and Australian laws for contempt are different. What a surprise, a different country has different laws!!!

Why must so many people be so hypocritical and just plain wrong, know they are wrong but tow the stupidity line anyway?

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Some of those were pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.
He should read the Memes thread in Question Time... his far right mates love it as much as the "left" (read as people who like to take the piss of racists - so anyone from outside the far right to the far left) do.

Fat Yak

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
A tabloid report saying Stephen tried to get tough to a pensioner. The pensioner floored him.

FAKE NEWS
The mainstream media, including, The Daily Star and The Mirror are reporting that Tommy Robinson has been ‘punched to the ground by another inmate in the showers’.

For his own protection, Tommy Robinson has been in complete isolation since arriving at Belmarsh prison. Robinson has not seen another prisoner, let alone been showering with other inmates.

This story is completely fake news.

The media have been informed that there is no truth to the story, but refuse to take it offline.

Yep the gutless coward tried to rough up a 70 year old pensioner and was put on his arse. In other news Tommy is now biting the pillow as other pensioners top him.

Sources have said that Robinson strutted into prison acting “like a celebrity” but was soon being abused by black, white and Asian inmates.
He had previously claimed that he would be killed in jail and called on US President Donald Trump to offer him asylum.
But sources last night said that Robinson, 36, was not punched because he was a far-right activist but was “decked” for trying to throw his weight around.

The altercation took place within 72 hours of his arrival in the south-east London jail, 10 days ago.
It is understood that Robinson accused another inmate of “disrespecting” him when they bumped into each other in the shower block.
He is said to have tried to intimidate the pensioner who responded by dropping him with a single punch.
A source said: “There was a bit of pushing then one prisoner, a 70-year-old, very hard pensioner, decked Robinson with a punch to the jaw.
“He didn’t have any idea who he had hit, but he wasn’t going to back down. Those are the rules in Belmarsh, you fight or back down.

Fat Yak

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Back