Free the Number 35

Remove this Banner Ad

Our non-first draft picks don't deserve the story on selflessness and sacrifice? Or would you suggest they also get to understand those values, but in a different way?

The whole thing is a sham. I'd be willing to bet this was always just Eddie's way to keep 35 available for when one of Daic's kids joined the club to take over the number. It has nothing to do with Presti.

Was Beams' number rotated the following year, for doing the same thing (e.g. pulling himself out of the GF side due to an injury that otherwise wouldn't have been noticed)?

I'd be shocked if this was the truth.

To be honest it seems laughable.

Like you getting worked up over people wanting to see a number again?

Literally nothing in my comment indicated that I was worked up. I don't have a strong view either way, I'm a little miffed why a strong opinion is warranted either way.

People can already see the #35 should the player wearing the #35 debut in his first year.

I don't understand the "everything is terrible" mindset that some seem to have over a club decision about one particular jumper number. Must everything be complained about? Wait, look who I'm asking.

Literally nothing in my comment indicated that I was worked up. I don't have a strong view either way, I'm a little miffed why a strong opinion is warranted either way.

People can already see the #35 should the player wearing the #35 debut in his first year.

I don't understand the "everything is terrible" mindset that some seem to have over a club decision about one particular jumper number. Must everything be complained about? Wait, look who I'm asking.

You said it's "the most miniscule obscure crap", pretty clearly you do have a strong view.

I don’t care really but don’t see great merit in the worry. I’ve always liked the Presti story and if anything it has had 35 talked about more

Still don’t think it matters. Presti and Daics have made their history someone elas wearing 35 doesn’t enhance that

Man some people find the most miniscule, obscure crap to get worked up over and have strong opinions about.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Firstly, I'm not worked up about this, I've simply mentioned my thoughts and highlighted some stats about how little the jumper's been worn over the last decade, and 5 years in particular. I haven't been lying awake thinking about this for the last 10 years, so just a bit of perspective is warranted. There's no outrage here.

This may be miniscule, obscure crap to you but I'm proud of the history of our club and player numbers are one component of that so I'm expressing an opinion on bringing this number back into play a little more prominently. That's all. Not every thread has to be of a 'sack the coach / president' proportions or Defcon 1 magnitude. They can be light, which this is.

Why? It’s just a number.

Exactly the argument for it not being gifted to the top draftee every year.

Named after a player who was injured and couldnt play a Grand Final.... ffs. How many of them have we had over the years!!! Its always been a stupid manufactured tradition, invented by Eddie after one too many glasses of red wine one night.

Put it back in general circulation. If Nick Daicos wants it... all the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back