The Law Freedom of Speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay. Sounds great.

Create a brief by which you can a) distinguish between fervent passionate protesters, those there for the food (because you just know at some point there's going to be at the very least an icecream truck) and to be part of the crowd, those there because they're looking after a younger sibling who is passionate, those parents standing and watching, the people who just went out for milk and wnet along with the crowd, and the 'rent-a-crowd' protesters b) without breaking the bank, or compromising each of those individual's freedom of speech, or creating legislation that is both too clunky and too restrictive that it becomes unusable.

I'll be waiting patiently, but I'll not be holding my breath.
They want unfettered free speech for those like Yiannopolous who protect the status quo, but want roadblocks for others.

You're not, campaigner.

Leaking state military secrets of activity causing civilian deaths. Letting people know how their government is conducting a war is far more important than this Yiannopolous nonsense.
That was a secret?

There’s no free speech issue there. As stated, Manning was lucky to not be executed. Should have been imo.

They want unfettered free speech for those like Yiannopolous who protect the status quo, but want roadblocks for others.
Not to mention, there is zero way any such legislation/commission could be anything other than partizan in either a right wing or a left wing direction, and it could be used entirely too easily to imprison/criminalise people on a political basis.

Insert meme about tyranny here.

Okay. Sounds great.

Create a brief by which you can a) distinguish between fervent passionate protesters, those there for the food (because you just know at some point there's going to be at the very least an icecream truck) and to be part of the crowd, those there because they're looking after a younger sibling who is passionate, those parents standing and watching, the people who just went out for milk and wnet along with the crowd, and the 'rent-a-crowd' protesters b) without breaking the bank, or compromising each of those individual's freedom of speech, or creating legislation that is both too clunky and too restrictive that it becomes unusable.

I'll be waiting patiently, but I'll not be holding my breath.
What kind of a twat would take their child to an antifa protest?

I'd be looking at involving child protection services if that is happening.

In answer to your question, I'd start with the leadership of these groups.

"Ok so in the past 6 months you've gone to a Milo protest, Jordan's excellent event, oh and you were last seen outside a steak restaurant yelling Bovine Lives Matter."

"Police had to attend all 3 protests, at a cost to the public of $XXXXX"

"Based on our penalty scale..."

"Bang! You're banned from protesting anything for 18 months."

Admittedly, the scenario I've outlined is in the very early draft stage.

If a Sudanese teenager threw a house-party in Melbourne, advertised it on Facebook, and promoted it through whatever means available... and the house-party went out of control, requiring a police presence (which the teenager did not request), do you not think that the teenager/family should be responsible for some of the bill?

What about Milo, who makes money almost entirely by deliberately creating these situations?
If Milo didn't have controversy, would anyone know he exists?

What kind of a twat would take their child to an antifa protest?

I'd be looking at involving child protection services if that is happening.
I'll say it again: the only reference I've found to do with Antifa in the Australian protests against him was from Milo himself. The police don't say it. The protesters don't say it.

There is no Antifa in Australia. It's an American phenomenon, borne from their violent protest culture. We don't have the same protest culture here.
In answer to your question, I'd start with the leadership of these groups.

"Ok so in the past 6 months you've gone to a Milo protest, Jordan's excellent event, oh and you were last seen outside a steak restaurant yelling Bovine Lives Matter."
The bolded right there is why there's a problem; you're not looking to stop vexatious protest, you're looking to silence opposition. You want to shut up those that disagree with the people you agree with.

"Police had to attend all 3 protests, at a cost to the public of $XXXXX"

"Based on our penalty scale..."

"Bang! You're banned from protesting anything for 18 months."

Admittedly, the scenario I've outlined is in the very early draft stage.
... and you've immediately banned poor people who cannot fight what is now a partizan and ideological law through the court system, in an effort to take the appeal to the high court to discover if said law is unconstitutional.

It's an incredible irony that you're railing in here about free speech, when in fact what you want is the speech you yourself don't like silenced with the force of law. You are being no better than those you seek to oppose.

I know what Milo is and those idiots creating a storm for him are doing his marketing for him. I just don't think Milo/Organisers should be paying for other peoples bad behaviour - if you cannot act like an adult - stay home.
That's why soccer clubs play games closed to spectators. When they create hooligan disruption.
The protestors are doing the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jesus.

That's like saying there are no nazis in australia because that is a German phenomenon.

kidd Vicious this poster reckons there are no Nazis in Australia.
Okay.

Honestly, sometimes I find worse examples of illogic than I've seen anywhere else. Your argument is structured A=B, B=C, therefore A=C, kind of but way way dumber. It's an association fallacy.

Anyway, prove that Antifa exists within Australia, as in that there is a protest group that identifies itself as Antifa that has more than just individual links to the American Antifa.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay.

Prove that Antifa exists within Australia, as in that there is a protest group that identifies itself as Antifa that has more than just individual links to the American Antifa.

Honestly, sometimes I find worse examples of illogic than I've seen anywhere else.
If you believe what you just posted, then there is no point trying to have a discussion with you that is both cordial and productive.

I wish you all the best with your free speech goals.

If you believe what you just posted, then there is no point trying to have a discussion with you that is both cordial and productive.

You are genuinely being ridiculous, and I've been plenty cordial. I just can only take so much nonsense being thrown in my direction before I start to object to it.

If you want to assert that Antifa exist in Australia (a protest organisation that, to this point, is an American phenomenon) then you have to prove it.

One poster in this thread claimed that antifa are involved in key decision making processes.

It's very reasonable to probe what you think what form antifa takes.

Ok. I'm sorry I misrepresented your secretive anti fascist group who are organised and prepared to resort to violence when it suits their social and political agenda, which is to harass and silence anyone they deem to be their mortal enemy, or anyone to the right of Clint Eastwood.

Ok. I'm sorry I misrepresented your secretive anti fascist group who are organised and prepared to resort to violence when it suits their social and political agenda, which is to harass and silence anyone they deem to be their mortal enemy, or anyone to the right of Clint Eastwood.
Are you genuinely claiming they silence anyone centre right?

When you're a smart arse 95% of the time, it's tough to tell when it's worth countering.

Are you genuinely claiming they silence anyone centre right?

When you're a smart arse 95% of the time, it's tough to tell when it's worth countering.
Are you seriously suggesting Milo is far right?

A gay jew who is married to a black man is far right in the minds of you and antifa protesters.

You violently protested a s**t stirrer because he said feminists are ugly (which they are lets face it) and Islam is a s**t religion because muslims kill homosexuals (which they do in some countries).

You protested against that. Violently! With posters that read * Off Nazis.

Milo is not a nazi, yet was treated like he was one.

Think about that for a minute.

Are you seriously suggesting Milo is far right?

A gay jew who is married to a black man is far right in the minds of you and antifa protesters.

You violently protested a s**t stirrer because he said feminists are ugly (which they are lets face it) and Islam is a s**t religion because muslims kill homosexuals (which they do in some countries).

You protested against that. Violently! With posters that read **** Off Nazis.

Milo is not a nazi, yet was treated like he was one.

Think about that for a minute.
He's not, but its on record how he makes overtures to neo nazis and white nationalists. Also, some neo nazis and white nationalists were in the audience.

But don't bother making a claim antifa are all over the place harrasing anyone with a non antifa opiniin. You can't support that claim with any evidence.

He's not, but its on record how he makes overtures to neo nazis and white nationalists. Also, some neo nazis and white nationalists were in the audience.

But don't bother making a claim antifa are all over the place harrasing anyone with a non antifa opiniin. You can't support that claim with any evidence.

So...

Milo is not a Nazi.

Milo is not a White Nationalist.

But, but....

He had some hillbilly's in the audience, and he made *wait for it* overtures.

Overtures!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back