The Law Freedom of Speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Hayden was the ultimate flog. One only has to check out his website.
THE MAN
THE SPEAKER
THE COOK
THE CRICKETER
THE GIVING BACK
THE BUSINESSMAN

giphy.gif
this better be movember innit
1572344700384.png

But.. David Warner?
He's high on the list for sure.

Hayden has him covered for sheer obnoxiousness.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26164046/was-much-iron-man-was-cricketer

My nets was completed in my head, just sitting down and going through those various scenarios. It might be Courtney Walsh or Curtly Ambrose coming across the left-hander from round the wicket, understanding the batting zones where I would feel comfortable leaving the ball, almost visualising like how Hawk-Eye does. I could see that in my mind even before that technology came in.
Hayden batted against Ambrose four times and got 5, 0, 0 and 47 and Curtley got him out in the first 3 of those innings.

Matthew Hayden was the ultimate flog. One only has to check out his website.
THE MAN
THE SPEAKER
THE COOK
THE CRICKETER
THE GIVING BACK
THE BUSINESSMAN

giphy.gif
#PhilipSeymourHoffman in Todd Solondz' tour de force
Happiness
glue that Polaroid to the wall with spunk
#ultimateflog

Last edited:
Wowee, so much hate for Haydos. Like any of you smug campaigners have achieved anything remotely close to the great man, the living legend.

- Hayden holds the record for the highest score made by an Australian batsman in Tests (380).
- His innings of 201 against India in Chennai remains the 2nd highest score by an Australian in India.
- He formed one of the most prolific opening partnerships in world Test cricket for Australia with Justin Langer,[2] and in ODI cricket with Adam Gilchrist.
- Upon his retirement, in January 2009, Hayden's Test average was 50.7; he had scored the second most runs in Test cricket by an opening batsman; and was equal 6th (with Jacques Kallis) on the all-time list for Test centuries.
- Hayden holds the record for the highest individual test score by an opening batsman in test history (380)
- 8,645 test runs @ 50.73
- 30 x 100+ & 29 x 50+ More centuries than half centuries!
- Allan Border Medal in 2002
- Test Player of the Year Award in 2002
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year Award in 2003
- In 2017, Hayden was inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame.

What an awful human being :rolleyes:

- In 2000, Hayden's boat capsized near North Stradbroke Island; he and his two companions (one of whom was Queensland and Australian teammate Andrew Symonds and the other was Trent Butler) were forced to swim a kilometre to safety. Hayden subsequently appeared in a campaign promoting marine safety.
- Published author. In his spare time, Hayden is a keen cook and occasionally prepared meals for his teammates while on tour. A collection of his recipes was published in Australia in 2004 as The Matthew Hayden Cookbook. A second book, The Matthew Hayden Cookbook 2, was published in 2006.

- Prior to using a Mongoose, Hayden used a Gray-Nicolls bat with a fluorescent pink grip, to highlight and support research into a cure for breast cancer. This is at least in part inspired by his teammate Glenn McGrath's wife, who died of this illness.

- Hayden is a devout Roman Catholic and said, "When I’m in trouble, I ask: ‘What would Christ do?'" He also routinely crossed himself on the field after reaching a century. When asked about faith in modern society, Hayden said, “I think it’s very challenging to live as a Christian, or any sort of religion, in terms of modern day society. I think it’s very difficult as a young adult, and I think I really struggled with that over a long period of time”.

-He is patron of Parent Project Australia, a charity fighting for a cure for duchenne muscular dystrophy.

- Hayden was an Ambassador for World Youth Day 2008.

- Hayden was awarded the Australian Sports Medal on 14 July 2000.

- On 26 January 2010 he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia for service to cricket, and to the community through support for a range of health, youth and charitable organisations.

- Hayden is an Ambassador for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation

- Webmaster extraordinaire :p

Last edited:
Wowee, so much hate for Haydos. Like any of you smug campaigners have achieved anything remotely close to the great man, the living legend.

- Hayden holds the record for the highest score made by an Australian batsman in Tests (380).
- His innings of 201 against India in Chennai remains the 2nd highest score by an Australian in India.
- He formed one of the most prolific opening partnerships in world Test cricket for Australia with Justin Langer,[2] and in ODI cricket with Adam Gilchrist.
- Upon his retirement, in January 2009, Hayden's Test average was 50.7; he had scored the second most runs in Test cricket by an opening batsman; and was equal 6th (with Jacques Kallis) on the all-time list for Test centuries.
- Hayden holds the record for the highest individual test score by an opening batsman in test history (380)
- 8,645 test runs. 30 x 100+ & 29 x 50+ More centuries than half centuries!

- In 2000, Hayden's boat capsized near North Stradbroke Island; he and his two companions (one of whom was Queensland and Australian teammate Andrew Symonds and the other was Trent Butler) were forced to swim a kilometre to safety. Hayden subsequently appeared in a campaign promoting marine safety.
- Published author. In his spare time, Hayden is a keen cook and occasionally prepared meals for his teammates while on tour. A collection of his recipes was published in Australia in 2004 as The Matthew Hayden Cookbook. A second book, The Matthew Hayden Cookbook 2, was published in 2006.

- Prior to using a Mongoose, Hayden used a Gray-Nicolls bat with a fluorescent pink grip, to highlight and support research into a cure for breast cancer. This is at least in part inspired by his teammate Glenn McGrath's wife, who died of this illness.

- Hayden is a devout Roman Catholic and said, "When I’m in trouble, I ask: ‘What would Christ do?'" He also routinely crossed himself on the field after reaching a century. When asked about faith in modern society, Hayden said, “I think it’s very challenging to live as a Christian, or any sort of religion, in terms of modern day society. I think it’s very difficult as a young adult, and I think I really struggled with that over a long period of time”.

-He is patron of Parent Project Australia, a charity fighting for a cure for duchenne muscular dystrophy.

- On 26 January 2010 he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia for service to cricket, and to the community through support for a range of health, youth and charitable organisations.

I've thrown up in my sleep twice and lived. Take that Haydos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- 8,645 test runs @ 50.73
- 30 x 100+ & 29 x 50+ More centuries than half centuries!
- Allan Border Medal in 2002
- Test Player of the Year Award in 2002
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year Award in 2003

We're not denigrating his ability or his achievements as a batsman. He's just a giant w***er. You can be good at something and be a giant w***er. Just like Warner.

We're not denigrating his ability or his achievements as a batsman. He's just a giant w***er. You can be good at something and be a giant w***er. Just like Warner.

Even outside of cricket Hayden has achieved more than most Australians. Just because you don't like personality type, doesn't make him a w***er or remotely as floggish as Warner who has proven himself to be a POS on and off the field.

Even outside of cricket Hayden has achieved more than most Australians. Just because you don't like personality type, doesn't make him a w***er or remotely as floggish as Warner who has proven himself to be a POS on and off the field.
Dude come on. Chill out.

He's achieved more than most Australians? What because he played sport? There's thousands of nurses who have done more than him in a year that deserve more credit, but no we're going to hold up some flog as the bastion of society because he hit a red ball around an oval for a while and then decided to be an evangelist? What I get from this is that you're really religious and his overboard religiousness appeals to you.

He's achieved more than most Australians? What because he played sport? There's thousands of nurses who have done more than him in a year that deserve more credit, but no we're going to hold up some flog as the bastion of society because he hit a red ball around an oval for a while and then decided to be an evangelist? What I get from this is that you're really religious and his overboard religiousness appeals to you.

Oh, I see where your hate for him is coming from now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back