The Law Freedom of Speech

Remove this Banner Ad

Lefties have moved. It's why they think conservatives are far right now.

View attachment 669700
You're throwing a blanket over a huge number of people and judging what "lefties" think.

There's a big, noisy group of American conservatives trying to do some awful things in their country and abroad. This much is true.

You're throwing a blanket over a huge number of people and judging what "lefties" think.

There's a big, noisy group of American conservatives trying to do some awful things in their country and abroad. This much is true.
The evidence is there for all to see. I've petitioned the researchers to zoom out because somewhere between 1994 and 2017 you flew off the scale Chief.

The evidence is there for all to see. I've petitioned the researchers to zoom out because somewhere between 1994 and 2017 you flew off the scale Chief.
Wow! I'm a registered Democrat voter in America!

USA! USA!

Did you stop to think that US political values in 1994 were quite right-leaning across the board? And that while their Democratic voters have adopted more liberal values, their Republican voters today are stuck in the last century?

Did you stop to think that US political values in 1994 were quite right-leaning across the board? And that while their Democratic voters have adopted more liberal values, their Republican voters today are stuck in the last century?
If you want to take it to there, sure. The point was one side has created the gulf between parties and moved the median. Classical liberals/conservatives that were once considered centre left/centre are now deemed far right because of that swing. It's a different argument altogether if you feel that the left has better values etc.

1557299231858.png

If you want to take it to there, sure. The point was one side has created the gulf between parties and moved the median. Classical liberals/conservatives that were once considered centre left/centre are now deemed far right because of that swing. It's a different argument altogether if you feel that the left has better values etc.

View attachment 669771
That’s why they’re called “progressive”.

View attachment 669771

Lots of conservative democrats still were winning house races in the south. That's all this chart shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 669771
In the end you’re trying to say it’s some sort of conspiracy that “lefties” or, in your stats, Americans Democratic Party voters, have been purposefully creating a division in American society.

What I see is a big chunk of them moving with the times. Being flexible. And a big chunk of American Republicans steadfastly refusing to do so, and being left behind as a result.

That is the future of conservatism.

Lots of conservative Dems left the party in sub Pres elections from the 80s onwards. In the absence of any real methodology of how he produced that chart, Im comfortable with this conclusion.
How does removing those conservative democrats from the party (and chart) in the 80s explain the consistent and gradual change to the position and size of the tails until now? Even if you just flipped them to Republican it doesn't make a difference.

In the end you’re trying to say it’s some sort of conspiracy that “lefties” or, in your stats, Americans Democratic Party voters, have been purposefully creating a division in American society.

What I see is a big chunk of them moving with the times. Being flexible. And a big chunk of American Republicans steadfastly refusing to do so, and being left behind as a result.

That is the future of conservatism.
Not all changes are progress. Thats the problem with this attitude, and the reason for the existence of conservative values. It's also why the conservative movement won't get left behind, but will continue to adapt to represent older values as time moves forward.

Not all changes are progress. Thats the problem with this attitude, and the reason for the existence of conservative values. It's also why the conservative movement won't get left behind, but will continue to adapt to represent older values as time moves forward.
The American conservatives represent 1930s values when the average older American voter is a child of the 60s.

The American conservatives represent 1930s values when the average older American voter is a child of the 60s.
Oh yeah sure mate there's just Jim Crow loving f**-haters by the millions waiting for a chance to get lynching again as soon as a Republican is in offi- oh wait...

I've got no time for the demonisation and catastrophising of the "other team" that happens so much these days.

Yeah you do always have to ask “progress towards what?”

I haven’t seen the magical 10 values they’ve measured in the study.

Yeah you do always have to ask “progress towards what?”

I haven’t seen the magical 10 values they’ve measured in the study.
No me neither. Have seen it tweeted by people who are pretty reliable at checking the authenticity of what they retweet. But haven't looked into it myself. It passes the sniff test for being 100% bullshit for mine but of course it's only a graph. The real info is in the methodology and analysis which requires nuance.

Nothing wrong with that.

Blue horeshoe loves anacott steel.

"liberal values". Humour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back