The Law Freedom of Speech

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
How, in any way, is the author of this limiting Chappelle's speech?

'I don't like this show, I think it's transphobic' is not akin to 'This show show should be shut down because it's transphobic'. The article even functions on both levels; one, as a sign to people who dislike comedy that contains social commentary they don't like, and two as a catchcry for people who do.

Saying 'This show contains all of these things that are transphobic/racist' is not a restriction over freedom of speech, it's accurate.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
How, in any way, is the author of this limiting Chappelle's speech?

'I don't like this show, I think it's transphobic' is not akin to 'This show show should be shut down because it's transphobic'. The article even functions on both levels; one, as a sign to people who dislike comedy that contains social commentary they don't like, and two as a catchcry for people who do.

Saying 'This show contains all of these things that are transphobic/racist' is not a restriction over freedom of speech, it's accurate.
Unfortunately there has been a coordinated effort to cancel Dave. RottenTomatoes gave him a 0% rating and blocked public users from giving ratings. Google "sticks and stones Chapelle" and the first 30 responses are MSM crews trying to shut him down and minimise views to his show.

Stereotype based comedy is officially dead. The PC warriors won!

The most ironic part of it all - Dave's comment towards the end: "if I have offended you during this show, it's probably because I see a part of myself within you".

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
That Dave Chapelle of all people is being rounded upon by woke scolds makes a strong case that being anything but a dull, Hannah Gadsby style comedian can make it today.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Unfortunately there has been a coordinated effort to cancel Dave. RottenTomatoes gave him a 0% rating and blocked public users from giving ratings. Google "sticks and stones Chapelle" and the first 30 responses are MSM crews trying to shut him down and minimise views to his show.

The most ironic part of it all - Dave's comment towards the end: "if I have offended you during this show, it's probably because I see a part of myself within you".

Criticism is allowed.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

... which is restricting his freedom of speech, unlike the article in question.

I respect Chappelle, and I enjoy comic interpretations of reality, quite possibly, because when faced with the real world one must either laugh or cry. I wish there was sufficient flexibility to allow for people to laugh at what he's saying over and above the various -isms. Humour shouldn't really know any bounds.

The reaction to one of his sketches was, he said, the reason he quit the first time. He shut himself down because he realised what he was doing.

He's likely a lot tougher now.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The LGBTXYZ community's attempt to stifle even non-serious stereotypes of their community by a comedian will backfire.

Imagine being offended by a comedian... Jesus.

The issues going through the brains of average people (ie "self determination") are not to be spoke of!
Said the forever offended by anything he doesn't like. It happens on both sides of the fence Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V

Vice's Taylor Hosking titled her article "You can definitely skip Dave Chappelle's new Netflix special 'Sticks & Stones".

A more fitting title would have been: "I didn't understand this piece of art, so it's impossible that others could, or even should evaluate it themselves".

Public users are those that Rotten Tomatoes that do not self regulate as 'professional critics'.

Now up to over 5,000 ratings but not one audience review. Rotten Tomatoes are censoring opinion on this matter.
Do you think its because they don't want to be flooded by SJW tantrums?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Diddle I just say that?

They are getting their arse kicked by the reaction to their policy. First only a handful of negative reviews by regulated 'professionals' but no public ratings or reviews. Then they opened it up to public ratings, and finally public reviews.
So it is open to public ratings and reviews.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Diddle I just say that?

They are getting their arse kicked by the reaction to their policy. First only a handful of negative reviews by regulated 'professionals' but no public ratings or reviews. Then they opened it up to public ratings, and finally public reviews.
So they've already done what you said they didn't do.

I don't blame them for waiting identity politicians on both sides to move on, from junking up reviews.

Before claiming censorship, feather the brakes.

Back