Autopsy FREEEEOOOO!!!! (win by 4 to get back in the 8) - Rd 20

Remove this Banner Ad

On a serious discussion note. What do we do with our backline. At this point it seems very obvious that Luke Ryan is at this best playing as a 2nd key defender. I don’t know why this is the case but last year he was AA in that role and all his best games this year have been when’s he’s had to play tall.

What’s our best structure down there?
probably helps he’s played that role for the best part of two seasons, may be somewhat out of practice as being a 3rd tall/small defender

Mate. You’re not wrong.
Feel like Wilson missing his pace as he always seem to make shoddy decisions or just kicks it to nowhere. Walker, Young and Chapman can provide more off half back if Wilson keeps this up.
When you're a defender . . . defend . . . don't play for frees in the back half - it cost a goal this week and has cost many more over the course of the season :(

I think I burned 1,000 calories shivering in my seat but that was lovely to win, I thought we were waiting for the dam to break the whole game where Richmond would over run us and we wouldn't be able to get back.

Very happy for them to fight back to the front again then hold it.

Hayden Young is on a different class level to the likes of Watson.
I put em back in with hot chips .
Agree on Young , love watching him play and so excited for his future ( hopefully all with us )

I'd go rub it in Smarmy Dan WA's face, but honestly, that guy is a lost cause. The less contact initiated, the better (says me who's been arguing with him throughout the day on "the Bay" hahaha).
Who does he lurk as around these parts ?
Been very quiet lately 🤔

How ******* good?

Huge game from Young. A reminder of his awesome potential which he'll hopefully have the fitness to keep showcasing.

Brayshaw and Cerra played some awesome games. Along with Serong we're developing a pretty good midfield group; hopefully we can convince Cerra to stick around.

Backline did very well; I recall there was concern about how we'd go up against the Riewoldt/Lynch/Chol combination and they did very well to stop Richmond finding marks and scoring opportunities.

Good to be back in the 8. Don't hold out huge hope we'll stay there, but I can dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t been so exhilarated by a game for ages. Still on an emotional high. I thought we were no chance when we went 2 goals down. It wasn’t until the last 2 minutes that I actually thought we might hang on. Even my footy companion, who likes to affect emotional detachment, was into it. The crowd reminded me a bit of the JLo after the siren game, they were just so into it.

We nearly froze up on level 5 but it was fabulous.

Bit disappointed for Bailey Banfield, he looked up & about yesterday & that tackle epitomised the effort of the team. Might have been his last act in purple.

Yep that is why I am on the fence , Some very good some very bad.

reckon that’s exactly why JLo is sticking with him. Going to learn a lot quicker playing AFL weekly.

It’s not. Sign of good things to come. Remember Crowden was the same and Federick. Just a tad off, a slight touch. A full pre season lines it up. Western isn’t that far off

still don’t see it with Crowden. He’s a tryer, but I don’t expect him to play much in 22. Rest of them have something to separate

Henry - 5 critical errors. I rest my case.
He barely gets 5 disposals in the forward line some days. Back him in on the wing. He’s a talent. For a second year player with an interrupted first year. He ll be running rampant on the wings in no time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back