Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
If we're serious about cementing our place in the top 8 then we need to defeat teams like Freo and beat them well. I don't care about if its wet or dry, just get it done lads.

Much like the Swans, Fremantle have a great crop of youngsters with the likes of Serong, Brayshaw & Adam Cerra mixed with the experience of Fyfe, Walters, Mundy etc but they sit 10th on the ladder due to a chronic inability to win on the road. They've got a surfeit amount of smalls in their forward line while their backline is the opposite. In other words, they just don't feel like a balanced team at the moment versus the Swans who I feel have a much better balance across the park.

Last year's game has been scourged from the memory of most Swans fans, but there's no denying it was :poov1: :poov1: and our record generally against Freo in Perth isn't anything to write home about. Thank god we can all say its a brand new year and our WA crew are going to want to put on a display for their family & homies.

With McInerney out, Stephens now has further opportunity to press his case for permanent selection and I for one hope he plays a blinder and we've got a dry track to really show his speed and work around the oval. Freo have enough speed around the ground to makes this inclusion a sensible decision but its important to remember Dylan played a great game last week in ECFL and deserves his call up. Speaking of big games I'm looking at you Will Hayward, this game has your name written all over it kiddo. 4 goals I'm thinking.

Brayshaw's absence may force Fyfe to spend more time in the middle but if does go forward it might be George that goes to him, much like he did Dusty. Am going to keep an eye out on Logue as it was rumoured we might take him in the draft & I'm curious as to how he's developing. Mundy is playing great footy & Serong is a gun, if Freo decide to pull their big girl panties on after this week's smashing by the media (thanks a lot guys!!) then this game could get way more interesting then I want it to be.

From a stats perspective Swans prefer to distribute by foot whereas Freo more by hand. After that both teams are pretty even, which means this could be another nail biter if we don't get our act together. We can't keep losing a quarter comprehensively and expect to win, sooner or later we're going to expend too much energy trying to catch up to actually put the other team away when we need to.

Tackles is one of the more interesting statistical differences and might grow in importance if we get the thunderstorms as predicted tonight.
  • 2021 average: Freo 52.2 vs Swans 62.6
  • Inside 50: Freo 6.7 vs Swans 13.7

In: Dylan Stephens
Out: James Bell (Omitted) James McInerney (Managed)

Hope the wet weather further impedes Freo's already completely dodgy ability to score a goal and the Swans have packed their radar boots.
Bloods by 4 goals:largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

TEAMS:
Freo game.jpg

IT's NOT GAME DAY YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think Ticky009 's new mod powers have gone to her head?

I think they have.

Have no idea how Freo are playing, haven't seen a game all year...

But regardless, I'm back the Swans to win by 30+

I think Buddy's due a bag, he's been slow to get back into it, but I reckon tonight's the night! And I think that front six are only going to get better the more games they play together. I've liked Haywards inclusion, and I'm banking on him to kick 3-4 tonight.

I like out back six, and I think they are only going to improve as well. Dawson, Fox, Rampe and McCartin are really solid, and against popular opinion, I think that Lloyd, Cunningham and Hewett play there roles really well. So I'm pretty happy that they'll do the job. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Freo had significant difficulty keeping in their F50 and/or scoring.

Also against public opinion, I like our mids... I think Blakey's inclusion adds to the dynamic nature of the group. If they can just get a run of six to seven games with no injuries and minimum changes, look out! The bloods will be on the rampage!

So, I'm thinking 5 from Bud, 4 from Hayward, 5 from the other forwards, and 3 from the midfield, so maybe 112(ish) all up, with our defence keeping them to about 78ish... of course if it rains, just throw this all out the window!!! (Probably some serious wishful thinking here, but wouldn't it be lovely!!!)

Go Swans!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

Happy game day everyone.

It would be great if the rain holds off and we get to play in dry conditions.

Alas the prediction is wet weather footy.

Bloods by 19.

I think Buddy's due a bag, he's been slow to get back into it, but I reckon tonight's the night! And I think that front six are only going to get better the more games they play together. I've liked Haywards inclusion, and I'm banking on him to kick 3-4 tonight.

I like out back six, and I think they are only going to improve as well. Dawson, Fox, Rampe and McCartin are really solid, and against popular opinion, I think that Lloyd, Cunningham and Hewett play there roles really well. So I'm pretty happy that they'll do the job. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Freo had significant difficulty keeping in their F50 and/or scoring.

Also against public opinion, I like our mids... I think Blakey's inclusion adds to the dynamic nature of the group. If they can just get a run of six to seven games with no injuries and minimum changes, look out! The bloods will be on the rampage!

So, I'm thinking 5 from Bud, 4 from Hayward, 5 from the other forwards, and 3 from the midfield, so maybe 112(ish) all up, with our defence keeping them to about 78ish... of course if it rains, just throw this all out the window!!! (Probably some serious wishful thinking here, but wouldn't it be lovely!!!)

Wow. That’s Saturday morning optimism for you. I’ll be happy if the Swans notch up 80 pts and keep the Dockers to 79.

I think it’s already been established that we’re kicking 17 goals today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt we will see the Long handle and a cricket score.

With their track resembling a flooded Muir (old scotty word for a Moor) it is important we rise above the Mire. This we will do. *

* It is ok - I have grabbed my coat and hat and I am outa here,

Bloods to still win by 19.

IT's NOT GAME DAY YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks at time of post:think: It's game day unless you're in another time zone....which on the eastern seaboard probably means QLD because heaven knows its another world up there.:tongueoutv1:

Looks at time of post:think: It's game day unless you're in another time zone....which on the eastern seaboard probably means QLD because heaven knows its another world up there.:tongueoutv1:

Another and earlier century at the very least.

Let's win by a David Murphy (35 points):
- saves the need for a heart defibrillator for close games
- the rain may hopefully is only a drizzle
- as anotherletdown has said, a win puts us 2 games clear in the top 8
- Dylan Stephens gets a game - inside and out
- Lance fitness is improving - so will require 2 defenders on him - more goals
- Hayden McLean is one of the many for most-improved Swan for 2021 (Warner, McInerney, Wicks, ...)

#GoBloods #bloods #ProudlySydney

Bloods 2020 logo_960.jpg

Although Paterson Stadium probably drains well, it's still going to be a long night at the office for the on-ballers. In the middle is where it will be won or lost.

The marking talls will struggle with the slippery ball. Worried that we might be going in too tall up forward

Although Paterson Stadium probably drains well, it's still going to be a long night at the office for the on-ballers. In the middle is where it will be won or lost.

The marking talls will struggle with the slippery ball. Worried that we might be going in too tall up forward
McLean & Buddy are our only true talls in the forward line I feel. Neither Hayward or Heeney are giants and Papley certainly isn't.

In comparison we aren't - Freo have Lobb, Taberner and Treacy. Treacy is a little shorter, but Taberner is McLean's height.

Brayshaw a big out for them. We should have this if we come to play hard enough.

Buddy's not an issue in the wet, he can't mark it in the dry either. 🤷‍♂️Just hope his body is up to it and he's got a bit more speed and flexibility than shown last week. McDonald would have been a good selection for this game with his run and better hands for down the line kicks for territory. Really think this would have been a good game to leave Bud at home with some yoga or whatever he needs to get totally right. That said hope he kicks 3 or 4 and shows he is back.

Stephens a good in today - he's not the out and out speed that might be handy, but he's seemed a good link up player with short kicking game that could be handy in slippery conditions. Usually springs up quickly too, a handy attribute in a slippery game. Be good to see him stake a claim to a regular spot.

Hickey should win plenty of taps v Darcy. Run him around a bit too. Could be decisive. Our most important player for this game?

It’s going to be wet and Armatey is the emg?

I can only assume that means either:

1. Buddy or Hickey isn’t quite right; or
2. We’ve had another brain explosion & gone too tall.

Surely Clarke would be an asset in the mud?

It’s going to be wet and Armatey is the emg?

I can only assume that means either:

1. Buddy or Hickey isn’t quite right; or
2. We’ve had another brain explosion & gone too tall.

Surely Clarke would be an asset in the mud?
Has the E been chosen yet? There's a list of 4 on the website and I also assumed Clarke to be the logical choice. (though our bench does contain a whole lot of players that can play that role so a tall might be best regardless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back