Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

more_of_bito

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I still think ALL contracts will need to be honoured whether that’s by players staying on the list or payouts. It’s why someone like Mundy who clearly deserves another year might not get one.

Realistically if lists are cut to say 40 total it’s tough. There’s still 3-4 guys on the list I think have close to no chance at being at the club next year. They’re just in the hub because they’re depth - O’Reilly and Butters weren’t even that.
So who out of Crowden, Shultz, Waters and Henry should be cut then?

With Henry and Western to be developed, 6 small Forwards is way too many in the list imo

Docker82

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
So who out of Crowden, Shultz, Waters and Henry should be cut then?

With Henry and Western to be developed, 6 small Forwards is way too many in the list imo
Six small forwards is about right imo, especially when the club would see some of them as future mids.

Matera and Banfield are good as gone imo and play that role. North and Dixon don’t play that role but I doubt they’re on the list next year either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN TIME
Reece ConcaHamstringTest
Brett BewleyGroinTest
Griffin LogueToeTest
Sam SwitkowskiHamstringSeason
Sam SturtAnkleSeason
Hayden YoungAnkleSeason
Joel HamlingAnkleSeason
Darcy TuckerHamstringSeason
Alex PearceAnkleSeason

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN TIME
Reece ConcaHamstringTest
Brett BewleyGroinTest
Griffin LogueToeTest
Sam SwitkowskiHamstringSeason
Sam SturtAnkleSeason
Hayden YoungAnkleSeason
Joel HamlingAnkleSeason
Darcy TuckerHamstringSeason
Alex PearceAnkleSeason
So out of 9 on the injury list, 6 are recurrent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
When does 2021 pre season start? Are AFL still aiming for traditional March start?
These injuries still seem long term with Pearce and Hamling.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Not sure when it starts up again. Still no sign of life beyond Covid yet either
AFLPA will be strongly against another full season hub. AFL will want to try and return to normality and put it in March and have GF in September.
Teams already had 2 months off.

Wizard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
OKC, Sturt, Cardinals
AFLPA will be strongly against another full season hub. AFL will want to try and return to normality and put it in March and have GF in September.
Teams already had 2 months off.
Its really solely dependent on Victoria isn't it.

I'd imagine by March every other state will be able to freely travel in and out, however if the central hub to this league is not available then its a diabolical disaster again.

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
And what of preseason? Are we still going to be restricted from full training because the Vic clubs won't be able to train in groups larger than 10?

The non-Vic clubs should be able to do as they please during preseason, tell the Vic clubs if they want to train in full numbers they'll have to do a training camp in one of the other states.

freoextra

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Would it be worth playing Logue this week if available? Maybe for his own morale. Not sure there's a lot to be gained otherwise. Could be best to put him on ice for the pre-season.
Probably not selecting Logue and lots of hints by the coach that he wont be playing. I think his only chance of selection would be in the event of Cox pulling out (I thought of changing that bit but the child in me laughed).

Even then, I reckon Dixon is probably an equal chance.

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
And what of preseason? Are we still going to be restricted from full training because the Vic clubs won't be able to train in groups larger than 10?

The non-Vic clubs should be able to do as they please during preseason, tell the Vic clubs if they want to train in full numbers they'll have to do a training camp in one of the other states.
You should expect the AFL to be quite strict on not allowing teams to train in groups larger than the worst case example, unless the clubs have been advised to stay on in Queensland and choose to go back to Victoria.

Jonesy85

Draftee
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is anyone else dubious of a sellout GF at the Gabba? I been watching last several weeks games there, and there not even remotely close to a half stadium
Pretty sure they're been using the fake crowd sound effects too. I know the AFL will do whatever they can to get bums on seats to save face and not have to defend their decision for Qld but gee whizz I'm dubious

GeEkNeRd

All Australian
Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
You should expect the AFL to be quite strict on not allowing teams to train in groups larger than the worst case example

You're probably right. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens before pre-season resumes. With players out of their club bubbles and mixing within the general public, you'd imagine there will be some getting Covid. At least they're not going to be travelling overseas this year. Bali will be a pretty chill place this summer, sans the footy players.

Less travelling = more quality rehab time? We should be best 22 by season start next year.

Top Bottom