Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is anyone else dubious of a sellout GF at the Gabba? I been watching last several weeks games there, and there not even remotely close to a half stadium
Pretty sure they're been using the fake crowd sound effects too. I know the AFL will do whatever they can to get bums on seats to save face and not have to defend their decision for Qld but gee whizz I'm dubious
Every player gets a couple of tickets to the grand final that most of them hand back to the club for a payment, then the club on sell that ticket again to someone else for $1500.

...but now all the players are in the state already. Nearly 700 of them. Along with the AFL personnel that will be a tenth of the stadium already filled - before they start selling their breakfast function tickets.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Its really solely dependent on Victoria isn't it.

I'd imagine by March every other state will be able to freely travel in and out, however if the central hub to this league is not available then its a diabolical disaster again.
Can’t see the full time hub being positive in any way. It’s mentally draining particularly on those clubs not even in finals. Unless they do month long hubs in WA then fly back, looking at possibly resuming AFL in May/June. Going to be a real interesting pre season. No one is going to get opportunities until Victoria is stable then all 18 clubs can train. That’s the AFL

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Every player gets a couple of tickets to the grand final that most of them hand back to the club for a payment, then the club on sell that ticket again to someone else for $1500.

...but now all the players are in the state already. Nearly 700 of them. Along with the AFL personnel that will be a tenth of the stadium already filled - before they start selling their breakfast function tickets.
Also, the players have to pay for the face value of the tickets if they want to go. Hence what you say in your first sentence. At least that's what Colin Sylvia told me when I crossed paths with him at LAX on my way to the 2013 GF (was living in the States at the time). I'm not sure how many of them will actually want to go, even if they are in the state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nolo180

All Australian
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also, the players have to pay for the face value of the tickets if they want to go. Hence what you say in your first sentence. At least that's what Colin Sylvia told me when I crossed paths with him at LAX on my way to the 2013 GF (was living in the States at the time). I'm not sure how many of them will actually want to go, even if they are in the state.
I dont know why a neutral player would want to go and watch another team taste glory...They would rather put needles in their eyes I reckon.

Purplrrr

All Australian
Jun 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I dont know why a neutral player would want to go and watch another team taste glory...They would rather put needles in their eyes I reckon.
I saw Neale and Forster at the Sydney Hawthorn grand final in 2012. Think they were just first year players, but definitely quite a few would want to go.

Top Bottom