Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is still hope but it’s running out...fast.
7 years for a return of only 53 games is pushing the love no matter how high the club rate him

Reckon if he’s still having problems heading into the off season this year then we genuinely need to look at trading in a kpd

There is still hope but it’s running out...fast.
7 years for a return of only 53 games is pushing the love no matter how high the club rate him

Reckon if he’s still having problems heading into the off season this year then we genuinely need to look at trading in a kpd
And who would that be? We need to develop OReilly and hope he’s at least close to B grade. Other then that, it’s to the draft.

And who would that be? We need to develop OReilly and hope he’s at least close to B grade. Other then that, it’s to the draft.
Oreilly?, good luck with that .

Sam Taylor .

barring that there ll be others,(allir allir?) maybe not as good as quality as taylor but as long as they’re able to contribute straight away and still young enough/scope to improve it ll be ok

Remembering we have Cox who himself is still young and developing as a kpp.

It's easy to get frustrated by Weber's murky recovery timelines..... So I've created a helpful 10 step guide, with a Weberish language translation to help you understand where a player is, on the recovery timeline.

1. 'Player' is recovering well from what was a nasty injury
2. 'Player' is progressing well
3. 'Player' is meeting his targets and we look forward to having him available for match committee
4. Unfortunately 'player' has had a setback
5. 'Player' is progressing well, from what was a nasty, complicated injury
6. 'Player' is progressing well
7. 'Player' is meeting his targets and we look forward to having him available for match committee
8. Unfortunately 'player' has had a setback
9. 'Player' is in good spirits and progressing well
10. 'Player' has retired on 68 games.

Phrase Translation/Timeline
'recovering well' Out for 8 - 72 weeks.
'progressing well' Out for 4 - 72 weeks.
'meeting his targets' Weirdly hasn't re-injured himself
'available for match committee' Still carrying existing injury
'good spirits' Desolate, inconsolable and pleading with manager to organise a trade
This is gold

Dillon O'Reilly is the same height as Taylin Duman and 4kg ligher. At best he will be a third tall, and is a long, long way off that right now.

If dillon o Reilly is only a medium defender it’s really hard to explain why we drafted him?? What was the logic of taking a player like that in a mid season draft?
Also - I’m watching Sam Taylor here and he looks no bigger than cox or Logue to be honest?

If dillon o Reilly is only a medium defender it’s really hard to explain why we drafted him?? What was the logic of taking a player like that in a mid season draft?
Also - I’m watching Sam Taylor here and he looks no bigger than cox or Logue to be honest?

Yep, not looking good for the value in picking him. Having said that, there were a few on here that saw a bit of him at the Old Easts and reckon he was very talented.

If there ever was an example of the importance of a key defender it's the last 10 min of the third quarter of GWS V pies. GWS falling apart since Davis went off. Zac Williams also on the sideline.
that’s Fremantle At the moment but from the opening bounce.

If there ever was an example of the importance of a key defender it's the last 10 min of the third quarter of GWS V pies. GWS falling apart since Davis went off. Zac Williams also on the sideline.

He's a really good sign that Freo have been very competitive. If we had Pearce and Hamling playing it would be 3 wins no losses.

We are better than some supporters give us credit for.

I take your point but at least we know before the game so can replace the missing players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With who though?

The cupboard is obviously getting bare but the point was that we have the opportunity to replace with other players. Hughes will need to step up and then we could replace him in his role with Watson. Or as someone has suggested, give Hogan a run down there and then pick Meek. Or pick Meek and use Lobb down there.

Yep, not looking good for the value in picking him. Having said that, there were a few on here that saw a bit of him at the Old Easts and reckon he was very talented.
He must have talent given he kicked 3 goals per game in his underage Colts year I think it was. I always assumed he was a project because it was all about getting him to have a crack. Perhaps we thought the AFL environment might bring the best out of him.

If that is the case, it might take a few years like it did with Gov.

TBA is safe for the club but always incredibly annoying for the fans. Supporters like trajectories even if a return looks likely at the end of the season.

I remember in 2013 when both Pavlich and Sandilands were out for the first half of the year, Pav had something like 11-13 written and Sandilands had 15-17 or something ridiculous.

I guess we were lucky in that they both returned in fine form and we went on to play in our first GF.

I'd take a guess at a recovery time over this TBA crap.

I wonder where they see O’Rielly at the end of the day? He’s currently the same size as Duman and Watson and neither of them can get a game so unless he plays completely different to them or is going to build up a heap, he’s a long way back.

TBA is safe for the club but always incredibly annoying for the fans. Supporters like trajectories even if a return looks likely at the end of the season.

I remember in 2013 when both Pavlich and Sandilands were out for the first half of the year, Pav had something like 11-13 written and Sandilands had 15-17 or something ridiculous.

I guess we were lucky in that they both returned in fine form and we went on to play in our first GF.

I'd take a guess at a recovery time over this TBA crap.
it’s a double edged sword for them, if they have a rough guess at the recovery time and it’s wrong you get complaints, putting down TBA and you get complaints

Anthony Rock was on ABC radio this morning. Said Pearce had recently recieved good news about his foot / ankle and was on track to play before the end of the season . Also said Hamling should be back beforethe end of the year too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back