Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Mundy out at a park today. He was with pav and unfortunately still in his moon boot
Only had the bone crack/fracture diagnosed on 17th December. Article on Freo website dated 18th December. Today is 3-weeks since diagnosis. I’d expect he will stay in a Moon boot for at least another 3-weeks. Build into training/running throughout Feb/early March (6-weeks) for full training and conditioning in mid to late March. He will very likely miss the early rounds.

I do like Mundy's cool in every way head running around out there, so I'm glad he'll only miss a bit of the season.

I do like Mundy's cool in every way head running around out there, so I'm glad he'll only miss a bit of the season.
Come on, you know the system.

It’ll be;
- a bit of the season, down to a little bit of the season
- a little bit of the season, down to just a little bit of the season
- just a little bit of the season, down to TBC
- TBC, down to ETC

Our first game will be 3 months from the time Mundy broke his leg, if he is already walking without a moon boot I would say his recovery is pretty much right on track. I can understand people being worried when someone as reputable as Hagdorn says he will miss a further 5 weeks, he seems to have a direct line to David Mundy and the Dockers.

1580184681271.png

1580184769293.png
1580184808005.png

1580184962131.png

1580185060079.png

Personally I think this guys has summed up Kim Hagdorn pretty well...

1580184909202.png

Our first game will be 3 months from the time Mundy broke his leg, if he is already walking without a moon boot I would say his recovery is pretty much right on track. I can understand people being worried when someone as reputable as Hagdorn says he will miss a further 5 weeks, he seems to have a direct line to David Mundy and the Dockers.

View attachment 812558

View attachment 812560
View attachment 812562

View attachment 812565

View attachment 812566

View attachment 812564

I did a double take at the very top of that with Haggers described as an AFL journalist. My low expectations of Kim are never met, let alone exceeded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, I hope I didn't use Hagdorn and journalist in the same sentence!
I do believe calling Hagdorn that is an offence that can see you banned on this forum.

View attachment 812558

View attachment 812560
View attachment 812562

View attachment 812565

View attachment 812566

View attachment 812564
The funny thing about JP’s comment there is that he is a big time North supporter. Hagdorn is uniting AFL supporters everywhere.

Crapdorn is after responses like this creating unnecessary chatter about bugger all. Please for the love of all things don’t listen to his extremely pointless and rambling Gossips 3 min segment every morning at 7:56am.

Cesoir summed things up excellently. Crapdorn’s greatest work was when he came on strong about a consipiracy theory that BHill was a club directors and captains choice B&F in 2017 when they knew Lachlan (hate how he calls him that) was already on his way out - strongly questioning the authenticity of the Dockers B&F. 6PR received hundreds of very upset calls and emails. Everyone incl. his mates Basil and Brad distanced themselves from Crapdorn.

Lachlan Neale came runner up to a very worthy winner in 2017 in BHill. Neale also had a number of niggling injuries in 2017 that affected some of his performances.

Im sure as a near 35 year old Mundy’s bone crack will take longer to heal than say an 18 year old rookie. I saw pictures on social media a couple of weeks ago with Mundy on the beach with kids and no sign of the moon boot. Then walking laps on Monday. He won’t be available for round 1 we all understand that. He is expected to be available in the first month of the season. Mundy has started most seasons off flying and then tapers off. I for one think it may be a good way to ease him into the team and have him tracking a little more fresh in the second half of the season.

Gun Docker takes time away to deal with mental health - https://www.afl.com.au/news/368115

So does Freo class Jesse Hogan as injured? What's the protocol here.
If he is considered injured then he can be shifted to the long term injury list for a minimum of eight weeks and we can upgrade one of the category B rookies in his place to allow them to play at AFL level.

Or he takes a couple of weeks off and is back.

If he is considered injured then he can be shifted to the long term injury list for a minimum of eight weeks and we can upgrade one of the category B rookies in his place to allow them to play at AFL level.

Or he takes a couple of weeks off and is back.
what if it's just hiding e.g. 2 strikes?

what if it's just hiding e.g. 2 strikes?

Strike 1 - $5000 fine warning, counselling
Strike 2 - $5000 fine enforced, 4 week suspension with the ban being made public
Strike 3 - $10,000 fine and 12 week suspension

Whether they would every actually run through their protocols is a different question

Strike 1 - $5000 fine warning, counselling
Strike 2 - $5000 fine enforced, 4 week suspension with the ban being made public
Strike 3 - $10,000 fine and 12 week suspension

Whether they would every actually run through their protocols is a different question

They would suppress the public announcement if there is possibility of a mental health issue.....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back