Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Two screws placed. Possibly compression screws to enhance healing of original fracture.
(as a non-medico) do you think this is a (relatively) positive thing in terms of it's healing but the usual inflammation is causing a bit of trouble so let's tighten this puppy up to get him back out there; or is it more a last ditch effort before we take him out to the back paddock and start up the glue machine?

The re-injury may have been sustained whilst on the piss at the Hip-E club last Sunday morning ........
they should have put in those rubber composite floors there decades ago (the ones they use in the children's play grounds). Would have saved WA some medical $$ over the years. Do they still play 'blister in the sun' every week or have they got a new anthem?

The re-injury may have been sustained whilst on the piss at the Hip-E club last Sunday morning ........
While I'm pretty sure you're just taking the piss yourself, for clarity it doesn't seem to be a "re-injury". When would he have been slated for a return? I'd imagine fractured ankle would involve heaps of potential for complications and long layoffs.

sauce? if correct its clarke all over again.
He was there and I spoke him, the players had the weekend off, nothing untoward - just having a good time.
He wasn’t alone - Giro, Watson, Meek, North if I remember 🤢
I was hammered - mates 40th and the end of the night.
Been a while since I went there - probably 15 years - nothing changed apart from the majority of punters.
Prior to that we were at Niche next door, gotta say pretty pretentious - glad our boys enjoy the simpler life......

So our potentially awesome defence could be missing Pearce and Wilson.

Not too worried about Wilson, as good as he is we have replacements in Aish and Young if needed. Not sure what we do about AP though, our key back stocks are thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.

Lets say he misses the first month, thats the below tall forwards:

Round 1: Essendon (Not too worried about their tall forwards, Daniher would be likely to miss)
Round 2: Hawthorn (Couple of good young tall forwards, Patton will play as well.)
Round 3: Melbourne (Not worried at all)
Round 4: Gold Coast (Not worried at all)

So only Hawthorn that we will really miss him, not a bad month to miss tbh.

The next month is a lot harder (North, Geelong, West Coast, Adelaide), lets get him right so he can hit the ground running for that block of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why take the screws out just over a month or so ago to only put them back in during preseason

Some info from today...
  • Pearce expected to be back playing early in the season (seems unlikely rd 1 now)
  • Hogan should hopefully be ready to join main training shortly
  • Fyfe is being held back deliberately but will be back into full training post Xmas and primed round 1
  • Wilson due back in full training early Feb - doing lots of fitness work atm
  • Walters had an injury scare today - limped off and left training early - sounds precautionary though

Some info from today...
  • Pearce expected to be back playing early in the season (seems unlikely rd 1 now)
  • Hogan should hopefully be ready to join main training shortly
  • Fyfe is being held back deliberately but will be back into full training post Xmas and primed round 1
  • Wilson due back in full training early Feb - doing lots of fitness work atm
  • Walters had an injury scare today - limped off and left training early - sounds precautionary though
And Colyer is injury-free and in contention for a spot in the leadership group?

What's the latest on Dixon. The last thing I read was that he was injured on crutches, or in a boot - that was around draft day 2.

What's the latest on Dixon. The last thing I read was that he was injured on crutches, or in a boot - that was around draft day 2.
Pictures on Insta from Sat and he was playing some basketball game against the girls.

Also from a training reporter moving freely today in rehab group.

Pictures on Insta from Sat and he was playing some basketball game against the girls.

Also from a training reporter moving freely today in rehab group.

Did cross my mind at the time that it might have been a look the club wanted to put out before the rookie draft.

Pearce has never played a full season of AFL, not ever.
He's very fragile, I'm very pessimistic on his l/term future
When training hard, bone growth is stimulated and the process is completed during recovery. If their is insufficient recovery time between training sessions and games, stress fractres can occur.
Challenge for the medical/conditioning staff is how to manage the big lads workload and stress fractures more effectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back