Injury Fremantle 2020 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit I was disappointed seeing O'Reilly lining up in defence at the intraclub - assume because of the injury situation. Everything I have seen of him says he is a key forward. So is Dixon. Really hope we see both played forward at Peel.

Cox is the only tall on our list who I think could genuinely play forward or back. Logue possibly the only other. Hamling, Pearce, Watson all defenders. Tabs, Lobb, Hogan, Dixon, O'Reilly all forwards.
I was going to have a crack at OReilly because he looked a long way off it in the vision shown, but thought the same in regard to his position.
Realty is he’s a long way off being an AFL back, if that’s what they’re hoping.

Gut feeling Mundy may be back earlier than first thought, Round 2.
Pearce maybe round 2/3
Wilson probs a bit after that
Hamling long term, Jesse long term

So easing these older boys in is probably not too bad, considering the've all missed pre-seasons.
Time to see what we got underneath!

Gut feeling Mundy may be back earlier than first thought, Round 2.
Pearce maybe round 2/3
Wilson probs a bit after that
Hamling long term, Jesse long term

So easing these older boys in is probably not too bad, considering the've all missed pre-seasons.
Time to see what we got underneath!
The last few years we have started well and run out of troops later in the year. Maybe this is the year when we start getting experience coming back into the side later in the season.

Could be worse... although it is missing Switta and Giro

Jesse Hogan Mental health Indefinite
Joel Hamling Ankle 10-12 weeks
David Mundy Leg TBC
Alex Pearce Ankle TBC
Darcy Tucker Knee Test
Nathan Wilson Toe 4-5 weeks

Tucker could push to play in Saturday's Marsh Community Series clash against West Coast after being put through his paces with a trainer on Monday. Hamling has been in a moonboot since surgery to repair his dislocated ankle and a return in the first half of the season would be optimistic. Mundy, Pearce and Wilson are all on similar timelines, lifting the intensity of their straight-line running. It is realistic to expect them to miss the opening three to four rounds. Hayden Young is having his training loads managed, resulting in him missing the opening pre-season game. – Nathan Schmook

Reading the article on AFL.com, I'm not sure these are official lists.

Just kinda made up to fill in the blanks.
I agree although I think Schmooky has a better relationship with the club and might get more accurate info than what we've seen in past years. Hopefully Freo release it themselves shortly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree although I think Schmooky has a better relationship with the club and might get more accurate info than what we've seen in past years. Hopefully Freo release it themselves shortly.
It is AFL.com.au guess work.

Didn’t Hamling just have surgery last week? With Peter Bell indicating a very high likelihood he won’t be back before the mid season bye, which is closer to 15 weeks. Also he said no timeframe at least until he gets out of CamWalker which is prob another 4-5 weeks away.

I do wonder whether he got some information from the club about Wilson though as that seems rather specific.

They take that into consideration. These dates are typically time to available for playing, not time till return to training.
That's great news then, but looks unusually optimistic by the club if correct. Would be interested to know how much indoor running he may have been able to get during his rehab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back