Brett BewleyGroinTest
Griffin LogueToeTest
Sam SwitkowskiHamstringSeason
Sam SturtAnkleSeason
Hayden YoungAnkleSeason
Joel HamlingAnkleSeason
Darcy TuckerHamstringSeason
Alex PearceAnkleSeason
So out of 9 on the injury list, 6 are recurrent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLPA will be strongly against another full season hub. AFL will want to try and return to normality and put it in March and have GF in September.
Teams already had 2 months off.

Its really solely dependent on Victoria isn't it.

I'd imagine by March every other state will be able to freely travel in and out, however if the central hub to this league is not available then its a diabolical disaster again.

And what of preseason? Are we still going to be restricted from full training because the Vic clubs won't be able to train in groups larger than 10?

The non-Vic clubs should be able to do as they please during preseason, tell the Vic clubs if they want to train in full numbers they'll have to do a training camp in one of the other states.

Would it be worth playing Logue this week if available? Maybe for his own morale. Not sure there's a lot to be gained otherwise. Could be best to put him on ice for the pre-season.

Probably not selecting Logue and lots of hints by the coach that he wont be playing. I think his only chance of selection would be in the event of Cox pulling out (I thought of changing that bit but the child in me laughed).

Even then, I reckon Dixon is probably an equal chance.

And what of preseason? Are we still going to be restricted from full training because the Vic clubs won't be able to train in groups larger than 10?

The non-Vic clubs should be able to do as they please during preseason, tell the Vic clubs if they want to train in full numbers they'll have to do a training camp in one of the other states.
You should expect the AFL to be quite strict on not allowing teams to train in groups larger than the worst case example, unless the clubs have been advised to stay on in Queensland and choose to go back to Victoria.

Is anyone else dubious of a sellout GF at the Gabba? I been watching last several weeks games there, and there not even remotely close to a half stadium
Pretty sure they're been using the fake crowd sound effects too. I know the AFL will do whatever they can to get bums on seats to save face and not have to defend their decision for Qld but gee whizz I'm dubious

You should expect the AFL to be quite strict on not allowing teams to train in groups larger than the worst case example

You're probably right. It's gonna be interesting to see what happens before pre-season resumes. With players out of their club bubbles and mixing within the general public, you'd imagine there will be some getting Covid. At least they're not going to be travelling overseas this year. Bali will be a pretty chill place this summer, sans the footy players.

Less travelling = more quality rehab time? We should be best 22 by season start next year.

Is anyone else dubious of a sellout GF at the Gabba? I been watching last several weeks games there, and there not even remotely close to a half stadium
Pretty sure they're been using the fake crowd sound effects too. I know the AFL will do whatever they can to get bums on seats to save face and not have to defend their decision for Qld but gee whizz I'm dubious
Every player gets a couple of tickets to the grand final that most of them hand back to the club for a payment, then the club on sell that ticket again to someone else for $1500.

...but now all the players are in the state already. Nearly 700 of them. Along with the AFL personnel that will be a tenth of the stadium already filled - before they start selling their breakfast function tickets.

Its really solely dependent on Victoria isn't it.

I'd imagine by March every other state will be able to freely travel in and out, however if the central hub to this league is not available then its a diabolical disaster again.
Can’t see the full time hub being positive in any way. It’s mentally draining particularly on those clubs not even in finals. Unless they do month long hubs in WA then fly back, looking at possibly resuming AFL in May/June. Going to be a real interesting pre season. No one is going to get opportunities until Victoria is stable then all 18 clubs can train. That’s the AFL

Every player gets a couple of tickets to the grand final that most of them hand back to the club for a payment, then the club on sell that ticket again to someone else for $1500.

...but now all the players are in the state already. Nearly 700 of them. Along with the AFL personnel that will be a tenth of the stadium already filled - before they start selling their breakfast function tickets.

Also, the players have to pay for the face value of the tickets if they want to go. Hence what you say in your first sentence. At least that's what Colin Sylvia told me when I crossed paths with him at LAX on my way to the 2013 GF (was living in the States at the time). I'm not sure how many of them will actually want to go, even if they are in the state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back