AFL Club Focus
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
We can’t trade anything for futures.
the build has been extended with hill, Weller, Neale, Langdon and cerra departures already.
One last scoop of the draft!
next year use capital to try and get a zuurhar McDonald georgiadies type.

Coure we can.
19 could get us a second this year and next

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Hawthorn offered their future first for Pick 8, would you personally do it?

I only ask because I think Hawthorn will probably be looking for another first round pick and of course they would want it in the top 10 and Freo have two.
Most teams get an uplift from a new coach.

I expect the Hawks not to be in the bottom 4 next year.

Essentially we would be trading a Tier 2 pick for a Tier 2 pick.

Our picks 6 (8) and 8 (10) will net us a Tier 2 player who fits a need.

I don't see the point.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
If im freo it depends how closely they rate Goater and M.Johnson

Great spot to be. Dev Robertson all over again

But if im freo and rate the 2 close enough im trading pick 21 to Hawks for pick 23 and F2

Means you have access to Goater or M.Johnson (Sonsie if for some reason North take Goater or MJ who are stacked for mids)

If im freo it depends how closely they rate Goater and M.Johnson

Great spot to be. Dev Robertson all over again

But if im freo and rate the 2 close enough im trading pick 21 to Hawks for pick 23 and F2

Means you have access to Goater or M.Johnson (Sonsie if for some reason North take Goater or MJ who are stacked for mids)

I dont think hawks will trade for that pick as they are probably happy with sonsie.

Richmond might come calling for 21 if they really want johnson but i reckon freo just take him themselves..amiss erasmus and johnson..thats a great haul.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I dont think hawks will trade for that pick as they are probably happy with sonsie.

Richmond might come calling for 21 if they really want johnson but i reckon freo just take him themselves..amiss erasmus and johnson..thats a great haul.
They only do if they want MJ which is the whole point, considering they had him rated close to Ward at 7

Sonsie and Ward is very similar along with JOM, Titch, Worpel its pretty small

They only do if they want MJ which is the whole point, considering they had him rated close to Ward at 7

I get the point re the smaller mix but i think the hawks really rate sonsie.

Nash is 197cm
Newcombe 186cm
Maginness 187cm

Pure_Ownage is right though, all the mail is that Mitchell was very impressed with Sonsie when he played for Box Hill.

I reckon Freo take Johnson, or trade out if something stupid gets offered. Can't see it coming from us though.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Nash is 197cm
Newcombe 186cm
Maginness 187cm

Pure_Ownage is right though, all the mail is that Mitchell was very impressed with Sonsie when he played for Box Hill.
They almost picked M.Johnson at 7 acc to Cal so they rate him higher than Sonsie id assume based on that?

Im not sure if any of those guys outside of Newcombe and even Newcombe cut it and none have what MJ has. I knew there was another that i couldn't think of and that was Newcombe

They almost picked M.Johnson at 7 acc to Cal so they rate him higher than Sonsie id assume based on that?

Im not sure if any of those guys outside of Newcombe and even Newcombe cut it and none have what MJ has. I knew there was another that i couldn't think of and that was Newcombe
I don't know if we were ever taking Johnson at 7.

I assume Freo will take him now, as it make sense for them, but maybe they like someone else more.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I don't know if we were ever taking Johnson at 7.

I assume Freo will take him now, as it make sense for them, but maybe they like someone else more.
Or they like someone very close to MJ and can get him plus a free F2 ie Goater for example

Its either you guys with 23 and F2 or they just take Johnson

Yeh im sure they do coached previously by S.Mitchell

They clearly really rated MJ aswell and higher than Sonsie

I mean sonsie was never going top 10 this week so it was always his range in the teens but he has been under their nose when he played at box hill and hes the type of creative player they like. Id like him at geelong but i expect hawthorn take him.

Or they like someone very close to MJ and can get him plus a free F2 ie Goater for example

Its either you guys with 23 and F2 or they just take Johnson
Yeah, we won't be trading a future 2nd for a 2 pick upgrade in the second round.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I mean sonsie was never going top 10 this week so it was always his range in the teens but he has been under their nose when he played at box hill and hes the type of creative player they like. Id like him at geelong but i expect hawthorn take him.
I think theres a decent chance hes available at 24 still

Especially if M.Johnson hasnt gone before hawks 23 pick

I think theres a decent chance hes available at 24 still

Especially if M.Johnson hasnt gone before hawks 23 pick

Only way sonsie gets to us is if freo take goater and north take a tall then hawks take MJ but i think thats all unlikely.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Only way sonsie gets to us is if freo take goater and north take a tall then hawks take MJ but i think thats all unlikely.
Or that trade occurs and freo at 23 take Goater over Sonsie

North are after a small Motlop it seems but may also look tall aswell but they have no small forwards really (P.Spicer) who was a later pick. Motlop plays straight away for them and Twomeys had them linked

Or that trade occurs and freo at 23 take Goater over Sonsie

North are after a small Motlop it seems but may also look tall aswell but they have no small forwards really (P.Spicer) who was a later pick. Motlop plays straight away for them and Twomeys had them linked

I honestly reckon motlop gets through to norths pick in the 30s so i dont see that. I reckon more chance they take draper at 22.

Back