Club Focus Fremantle 2021 - Brodie, Clark, Amiss, Erasmus, Johnson, Benning

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly reckon motlop gets through to norths pick in the 30s so i dont see that. I reckon more chance they take draper at 22.
Im only going off Twomey

He didnt have Draper top 30 and has heavily linked Motlop to North at 22

Cal got the top 16 right (and even 17 tigers jumped swans with 18 for T.Brown) only GWS wrong which was an unknown but was always Butler, Motlop or Aleer aswell

Cats picks 24 and 25 for pick 21.
Or has been said Hawks Pick 23 and a F2.

Sonsie and Johnson could be who we'd miss but could get two of Goater, Draper, Motlop or Knevitt.

If Johnson is our guy though then we should just grab him.
Not sure how cats rated Johnson hard to say because they didnt have a pick but they have C.Stephens, still both could work like an Oliver/Petracca, Bont/Macrae ect

Not sure how cats rated Johnson hard to say because they didnt have a pick but they have C.Stephens, still both could work like an Oliver/Petracca, Bont/Macrae ect

If they want Sonsie for example then it still works. We tell them that we are trading it to another Vic team if you don't do a deal, You need a club that desperately wants a slider but thats the only way we'd trade it I reckon.

With the current picks each team holds the 2 clubs which may look to trade a Future 1st and may rate a midfielder like Johnson would be Geelong and Essendon. I don't see Dodoro offering overs and it would be a big call from Geelong given their ageing list.

Other clubs may be rating the likes of Goater, Butler and Sonsie but apart from GWS I don't see a Future 1st as likely to be part of any offers to land other players.

I reckon a future 2nd with a 2021 downgrade to later in the 2nd round would be most likely outcome if Freo do arrange a trade. This makes Hawthorn the most likely but Geelong and Richmond could make strong offers if they wish.

Unless the offers received are too good to refuse the Dockers should go with best available.

With the current picks each team holds the 2 clubs which may look to trade a Future 1st and may rate a midfielder like Johnson would be Geelong and Essendon. I don't see Dodoro offering overs and it would be a big call from Geelong given their ageing list.

Other clubs may be rating the likes of Goater, Butler and Sonsie but apart from GWS I don't see a Future 1st as likely to be part of any offers to land other players.

I reckon a future 2nd with a 2021 downgrade to later in the 2nd round would be most likely outcome if Freo do arrange a trade. This makes Hawthorn the most likely but Geelong and Richmond could make strong offers if they wish.

Unless the offers received are too good to refuse the Dockers should go with best available.

I hope we don't go for a deal with a future first. There's a fair amount of quality left that we should take advantage of now.

My preference is a deal for two second rounders this year. Take the pick of who is left and maybe get Motlop on board as well. Goater + Motlop + Benning as a Cat B. Done.

Finish with Amiss, Erasmus, Goater, Motlop and Benning. It would have sounded fanciful a day ago but its possible.

As it stands do you think freo will pass on the likes of johnson and sonsie and go for motlop? or is 21 too much for motlop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good draft.

After the top group, 2 of my next 3 picks would’ve been Amiss and Erasmus.

Pre-draft my power ranking was:

1. Jason Horne Francis
2. Mac Andrew
3. Finn Callaghan
4. Nick Daicos
5. Sam Darcy
6. Leek Alleer
7. Neil Eramus
8. Jye Amiss
9. Mitchell Knevitt
10. Josh Ward

Last edited:

I agree a future 1st is unlikely but any of geelong/rich/haw would offer freo a mid 20s pick and a future 2nd for 21 i reckon. But freo just take johnson themselves i revkon.

Would there be any interest in trading a future 1st for Geelong's 2 picks in the early 20s?

I see strong value in Motlop and Knevitt.

A draft haul of Erasmus, Amiss, Knevitt, Motlop, Johnson is a genuine chance of happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back