Club Focus Fremantle 2021 - Brodie, Clark, Amiss, Erasmus, Johnson, Benning

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Good off season so far

Lose Cerra, Bewley, Blakely, Conca, Crowden, Duman, Giro, Hill, Thomas, Watson

Gain Brodie, Clark, Amiss, Erasmus, Johnson (really rate him), Benning
Just unfortunate that no one would take Blakely a la greenwood. šŸ˜•

A mere backup at this point. Goal now is a transition plan for Mundy, Fyfe, Walters, Wilson, Colyer, Lobb, Hamling
Think Walters is the one weā€™re missing. Everyone else can now be covered by whoā€™s on the list. A key defender to develop from next years draft (there is Pearce, logue, Cox already)
Johnson = mundy
Erasmus = fyfe
Clark = wilson
Hopefully Freddy = colyer (serong is pretty keen on him)
Benning = Lobb (and if not, have another crack next year

Think Walters is the one weā€™re missing. Everyone else can now be covered by whoā€™s on the list. A key defender to develop from next years draft (there is Pearce, logue, Cox already)
Johnson = mundy
Erasmus = fyfe
Clark = wilson
Hopefully Freddy = colyer (serong is pretty keen on him)
Benning = Lobb (and if not, have another crack next year

Will come down to how quick Johnson and Erasmuus find consistency

I agree, another KPD, as i see Logue more a 3rd tall. You are as thin as what we are in that area

Benning is underrated, got a steal I believe, who is a solid 2nd KPF/relief ruck. Taberner to do the grunt work, Benning to replace Lobb in time and allow Treacy to play 3rd tall for now

I think we will find that Chapman will more than likely develop in to a KPD. By all reports he has grown another 2-3cm, meaning he is around the 193-194cm range. That added to his athletic attributes could mean he can develop in to a serious rebounding CHB.

F U Freo...

First you rob GC of their pick 19 (21), then astutely hold on to it when Geelong come knocking, then turn down pick 21 (23) and F2 for it, then draft Matt Johnson right before Hawthorn (who had him top 10) do.

Great draft for you guys - actually like all of your picks.

(Hopefully Jai entices his brother over in a couple of years to make up for it from a Hawthorn perspective).

Some on different boards had a knock on Amiss for his kicking distance. I am fascinated to see him kick for goal outside 40m, as I thought it couldn't be true that some were questioning him at that distance.
That's what happens when people judge off one game:laughv1:

You can see him kick one from outside 50 here at the 2:47 mark

Congrats Freo. Looks like a super draft haul and i look forward in 2- 3 years time having a regular top 4 of the Crows, Dockers, Kangaroos and GWS...all building very exciting squads (GWS are virtually there already)
Share some premierships? We can take turns.
Not GWS though, never.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't checked the stats but seems like Freo are always getting loads of horror injuries?

If they can finally get a free run at it with this squad they should be a top 8 side.

Matt Johnson looks ready to go round 1.

Serong, Brodie and Brayshaw in the guts. Mundy and Fyfe helping out.

Last edited:
Haven't checked the stats but seems like Freo are always getting loads of horror injuries?

If they can finally get a free run at it with this squad they should be a top 8 side.

Matt Johnson looks ready to go round 1.

Serong and Brayshaw in the guts. Mundy and Fyfe helping out.

Freo need to forget the fantasy of using Fyfe fwd. His goal kicking is atrocious. Prefer Brennan Cox as the 3rd fwd.

Fyfe should lose some weight and just be a midfielder. Follow the lead of Mundy.

Freo need to forget the fantasy of using Fyfe fwd. His goal kicking is atrocious. Prefer Brennan Cox as the 3rd fwd.

Fyfe should lose some weight and just be a midfielder. Follow the lead of Mundy.

Fyfe indicated that he was done with the fwd experiment and was set to go back mid but that interview was before his latest setback so who knows what he'll do now.

As for cox both him and JL prefer him in defence so the only chance of him moving fwd is if lobb and taberner are both injured (so about 90% chance)

Fyfe indicated that he was done with the fwd experiment and was set to go back mid but that interview was before his latest setback so who knows what he'll do now.

As for cox both him and JL prefer him in defence so the only chance of him moving fwd is if lobb and taberner are both injured (so about 90% chance)

Fyfe's shoulder really is a nightmare for the fella.

You seem to have a shitload of defenders?

Chapman, Logue, Pearce, Hamling, Cox, Ryan, Young, Wilson, Aish, Clark, Walker (11)

Not sure how they all get in?

I suppose Clark can move on to a wing.

Wilson has gone from 'star recruit' to 'list clogger' fairly quickly.

Fyfe's shoulder really is a nightmare for the fella.

You seem to have a shitload of defenders?

Chapman, Logue, Pearce, Hamling, Cox, Ryan, Young, Wilson, Aish, Clark, Walker (11)

Not sure how they all get in?

I suppose Clark can move on to a wing.

Wilson has gone from 'star recruit' to 'list clogger' fairly quickly.
Expecting Clark, Young, Walker and Chapman to rotate Defensive Wing and Half Back. Run and gun, then rest and rotate xD

What happens if Logue, Pearce and Hamling are all available for selection (I know it's highly unlikely)?

I think all three of those players can be in the same defensive line. Logue depending on the opposition can play on a medium forward.

I think all three of those players can be in the same defensive line. Logue depending on the opposition can play on a medium forward.

From an outsiders view your list has too many defenders and not enough forwards (assuming amiss wont be ready to play afl next year as most year 1 kpps arent).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back