Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah.. This has Nic Nat written all over it. The West probably fed the stats algorithm to AFL360 to reflect when he had a couple of weeks off - explains the off the chart reading.

You can definitely play with a torn ACL, Dale Morris did just before he retired for example, it’s unstable yes and often painful

With a shoulder if they suspect a full tendon tear you can hardly make it worse without fracturing it I guess so it’s normal to try and finish the game if the player can with pain relief and strapping, it’s not an ankle where further damage often occurs, Chapman Dunkley etc wouldn’t have made their shoulders worse prognostically, maybe in 60 years it’d be slightly more arthritic but they’d be in trouble anyway as a footballer

You can definitely play with a torn ACL, Dale Morris did just before he retired for example, it’s unstable yes and often painful
But right after doing it? With the swelling post tearing an ACL that would be very unlikely. Done the injury myself and the joint instability (ie knee feels weird like it is sliding around - hence the physios Lachman test).

There are plenty of people who after the swelling goes down and joint stability improves (and with strapping) have played with torn or partially torn ACL.

Sounds like a troll as the incident involving Sturt looked more meniscus injury to me. The delay will be likely working out whether it is needing minor arthroscopic repair. It looked no where near as bad as APearce. APearce looks like being about a std 8 week recovery without surgery from his meniscal injury.

Some hope for us to build up... that can later be crushed when we instead get 5 mystery injuries in the days ahead...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defender Alex Pearce is also a week away from a return to football.

Longmuir said Fremantle were eager to see Pearce return via the WAFL for Peel next weekend, however a WAFL bye next week will likely push his schedule back by a week.

“We’re pretty confident Cez will be right for next week,” Longmuir said.

“Alex is probably a couple weeks away. Unfortunately we’ve got a bye in the WAFL next week, which might set him back an extra week.

“He’s tracking really well. He’ll do some training today.”

So why is Pearce in Queensland? Is he good at playing charades and board games to keep the ones that can play entertained?

I'm hoping they let both Pearce and Hammer have a bit of a run with Peel to build match fitness and confidence before throwing them to the wolves. It's a long season, and in the next few weeks we should have Cerra, Hammer and Pearce available. To add to this Traecy, Henry, Sturt and Western are all on the path to progression to the senior list. Plus Giro, Meek, Bewley and Valente building as depth. The future is building.

That’d be right, setback getting a scan, fu**in X-ray machine collapsed on him!

So Freo!!
would be funny if it turned out the usual scanner for Freo players has a scratched lens which they kept mistaking for scar tissue or bone fractures keeping the players out for TBC

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back