Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

any more info on leno from your source?

Sorry Hamling was just an emotional guess I don't know.

Leno hasn't returned yet. Was advised if he made it back I time for the plane he had a spot. It's actually not doomsday for him but he'd want to be back sooner rather than later to have any hopes of a career.

Sturt is the absolute killer. Looking like he might have his first breakout year with us.
Yep
I know it’s impact but it’s starting to get to the point where you wonder if we’ll ever get to see his best.

interesting Sturt too , like Chapman was sent back onto the field after being injured...
Now I’m no doctor and without all the facts but it’s not really a good look in hindsight and it certainly makes you wonder , particularly as both are two of our brightest prospects .

Two guys who picked up injuries in game at the weekend, played on in both cases and are now out for the season.
What does that say?
It was an absolute disgrace that Chapman was sent back out there like that after the initial injury. JLo sounded like a Neanderthal in hindsight with his half time interview “it’s just a stinger he needs to get back out there”

Sturt better be at a fyfe-like beast size by season 22’
Another year in the gym, should hope he has his Monty Burns-like frame ready !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sturt is injury prone. Yes they're impact injuries, it doesn't make a difference, he's had that many injuries since joining us, he's never gotten on the park for a good stint, you have to wonder if we're ever going to see what we drafted him for.

Yes he's got great footy talent, but are we ever gonna see him on the park?

The loss of years of development time is a worry for Sturt. Ultra talent but still has a lot to learn about his craft and this is another massive time out. So disappointing.
Yeah this is my concern. I don't think he is injury prone but he's missed so much football already he probably won't peak until he is 33.

At least he can work on other things while in rehab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two guys who picked up injuries in game at the weekend, played on in both cases and are now out for the season.
What does that say?

Happens all the time with every team. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the time you make an assessment based on player feedback and simple mechanical tests.

So if you want to point fingers, perhaps the players are to blame just as much, or more so, than the medicos on the field.

The loss of years of development time is a worry for Sturt. Ultra talent but still has a lot to learn about his craft and this is another massive time out. So disappointing.
Definitely ,it’s also been my concern for the likes of Logue ,valente and even young.
3 and now 4 (Sturt) of our top young prospects and keys to our rebuild and they d be struggling to have 50 games between them with Logue probs having 90% of them .
It’s got to have an overall effect on our rebuild timeline

Happens all the time with every team. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the time you make an assessment based on player feedback and simple mechanical tests.

So if you want to point fingers, perhaps the players are to blame just as much, or more so, than the medicos on the field.

Nah, why have paid medical professionals then?

You wouldn’t need to be a rocket scientist to see that Heath Chapman was in severe pain after 5 min on Sunday.
When Kennedy smashed him like a rag doll before kicking that early second half goal it was actually quite difficult to watch the clear distress Chappy was in.
Hardly a responsible way to treat our prized first round draft pick. He’ll have a taped up shoulder for the next 15 years now thanks to that.

Such a shame. Hopefully we have players step up and seize the opportunity.

I think Sturt will be AP 2.0. No ones fault on that front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back