Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Luke Ryan - 1 week

Longmuir: “Luke Ryan’s calf has come on a little bit slower than we’d hope or expect. He’ll be touch and go,”
Bell: “Luke‘s going well but, at this stage, he’ll be at least a week away,” Bell said.

Probably won’t be back till after the bye.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Luke Ryan - 1 week

Longmuir: “Luke Ryan’s calf has come on a little bit slower than we’d hope or expect. He’ll be touch and go,”
Bell: “Luke‘s going well but, at this stage, he’ll be at least a week away,” Bell said.

Looking that way, best to have him 100%

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking that way, best to have him 100%
Longmuir hasn’t yet learned that it’s better to underpromise and over deliver when it comes to giving injury timelines.
For example getting switta back early feels like a bonus for the fans. On the other hand, Jlo seems to have a habit of being over optimistic in his interviews about injury’s to players and it’s very frustrating for the fans.

kp junior

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Do you know what actually goes into these tests? It’s more than just run around these cones in X seconds and jump this high compared to your baseline, you get cleared to do the test and from the test doing manual muscle testing and using things like dynameters so you don’t get injured doing the test or compensate to get through it, without further injury not being able to pass a fitness test 3 weeks after you were passed fit for one is extremely atypical and deserves some sort of club explanation not just silence - especially considering they aren’t sure he’s g2g next week either, nearly a month after he was fit for test

7fbd799544a04b7720b5e820ce2f0c1e.jpg

This might be what we’re doing wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pearce's issues are always contact related. Him playing WAFL for a week or two would be conditioning related, he SHOULDNT be anymore at risk of a contact injury if he plays next week or in 3 weeks
The issue is the speed of the game. Logue and Tucker have struggled in AFL on their return and that was after one WAFL game each. Tucker would have played a second game but for the cancelled WAFL round due to COVID.

Lobb off zero WAFL game has looked miles off it until the second half on the weekend.

I’d prefer Alex play 1-2 games of WAFL. This weekend he can further ramp up his conditioning with a heavy training load in Vic.

With the speed of the game and Alex not up to the speed of the game equals a recipe for injury. Remember Young against St Kilda in 2020. Lack of game awareness cost him his ankle as he was tackled when he took forever to dispose of the ball.

A run of WAFL games and further training will help Alex no end. Well that is my opinion and the game intensity is miles less in the WAFL.

Also we really don’t need a tall team at Marvel.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both the talls and midfielders listed above were originally considered too slow for AFL and I think (despite their successes in lower leagues) those queries still remain as significant. Callow relies heavily on his strength in contested marking situations, and that likely not going to be enough at an AFL level - how is he going to get separation from his opponent? Pearson is okay but is similar to Hughes, Watson and Duman as being a third tall at AFL level; do we really need another one? Clark and Fisher's skills are also regarded as questionable under heavy pressure at WAFL level; the issue being pressure at an AFL level is even stronger.

I would maybe consider Kailin Lane if we felt we needed another pure ruck...maybe Liam Kolar (he hasn't done anything but his athletic ability is impressive)...and that is about it from that list.
I’m not suggesting any of them are good options, just a list I came up with for some players that will likely be in the mix by all clubs for the mid-season draft.

Kalin Lane and Oliver Eastland are the two I’d consider for our list. Justin Longmuir has mentioned a number of times that he wants another ruck/forward on the list. Can’t hurt to give either of these two a 6-month contract and see what comes plus the height at Peel would be welcome. Kalin Lane for example can’t get a game with Claremont league because of Eastland. He played one league game when Eastland was injured and performed very well. He is a level above reserves and has some athletic traits.

sumavich

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The issue is the speed of the game. Logue and Tucker have struggled in AFL on their return and that was after one WAFL game each. Tucker would have played a second game but for the cancelled WAFL round due to COVID.

Lobb off zero WAFL game has looked miles off it until the second half on the weekend.

I’d prefer Alex play 1-2 games of WAFL.

With the speed of the game and Alex not up to the speed of the game equals a recipe for injury.

A run of WAFL games and further training will help Alex no end. Well that is my opinion and the game intensity is miles less in the WAFL.

Also we really don’t need a tall team at Marvel.
I think they said that tonite on channel 7, that Pearce needs a couple of weeks

SupermanCapes

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
JL slipped in that Freddy is heading for surgery - yet another young gun that will sit out an extended period of time due to a contact injury.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Luke Ryan - 1 week

Thars just code for : "He'll never play again and will die in a Leper Colony"

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just another reason why we should be out to hurt the scum. I’m sick of us being on the receiving end of their dirty sniping with almost zero retaliation, as well as losing just for good measure.

Next derby, I want rivers of blood.
In that case we may be best looking outside the football community for the MSD.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
In that case we may be best looking outside the football community for the MSD.

Can’t see us having room for more than two players from the MSD on next year’s list tbh but if we have more room than that this season...

I wonder what Dean Solomon and Byron Pickett are up to these days.

Can’t see us having room for more than two players from the MSD on next year’s list tbh but if we have more room than that this season...

I wonder what Dean Solomon and Byron Pickett are up to these days.
Well, they’d only need to get through one game after all…

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Longmuir hasn’t yet learned that it’s better to underpromise and over deliver when it comes to giving injury timelines.
For example getting switta back early feels like a bonus for the fans. On the other hand, Jlo seems to have a habit of being over optimistic in his interviews about injury’s to players and it’s very frustrating for the fans.
Why is it frustrating? Players come back when they are good to go, that's it. Coaches pass on what they know at the time, they aren't trying to frustrate fans and be deceptive (well maybe Chris Scott is).

Injuries are what they are, anyone accepting a diagnosis after a game to be 100% accurate is ridiculous.

Sometimes the information they have is based on what they were last told a day/hours ago and it changes. Really simple.

Fans should chill.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is it frustrating? Players come back when they are good to go, that's it. Coaches pass on what they know at the time, they aren't trying to frustrate fans and be deceptive (well maybe Chris Scott is).

Injuries are what they are, anyone accepting a diagnosis after a game to be 100% accurate is ridiculous.

Sometimes the information they have is based on what they were last told a day/hours ago and it changes. Really simple.

Fans should chill.
Not a big deal really.

The easy answer to any questions about game day injuries is say we need to get scans.

Then people would have an issue with that.

Back