Prediction Fremantle 2021 Predicted Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say, expect them to show improvement and be around the bottom of the 8.

Hogan losing the plot robs them of a strong key forward but other than overpaying for him and not doing due diligence, you can't really fault Freo for that.
took a risk on the Hogan trade but didn't pay off. It's not like that Hogan trade stuff up is going to set Freo back 5-10 years.

This isn't 2012-5 where Freo made finals and the KPF stocks were bare out side an ageing Matty Pavlich.

I don't think Freos forward stocks are not bad.

Lobb and Taberner are the only 2 blokes on Freos list that can play full forward.

Most neutrals think that Freo has some good kids coming through.

Looking back at the 2016 draft.... Got guys like Logue, Cox, Darcy, Duman and Ryan. Thats 5 solid players with 4 years of development from 2017-2020.

2017 draft got guys like Brayshaw, Cerra, Banfield, Crowden and Giro. So 5 mids with 3 years of development from 2018 to 2020.

Again..... You spend 5 years in a row of not playing finals. Those 18-20 year Olds become 23-25 year Olds with 60-80 games under the belt.

Probably 9-11, but I’m liking the list.

Henry, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw, Walker, Young, Ryan, Chapman, O’Driscoll, Logue, Sturt, Tucker, Schultz, Pearce, Darcy is a super talented young group that compliment each other, not a lot of cross over and each have clear strengths. Need a young key forward to add, Treacy is an okay prospect but always unlikely from the rookie draft.

If Fyfe can hang on for another three years and they find a Dixonesque prospect in free agent, they might be able to pinch him one.

Probably 9-11, but I’m liking the list.

Henry, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw, Walker, Young, Ryan, Chapman, O’Driscoll, Logue, Sturt, Tucker, Schultz, Pearce, Darcy is a super talented young group that compliment each other, not a lot of cross over and each have clear strengths. Need a young key forward to add, Treacy is an okay prospect but always unlikely from the rookie draft.

If Fyfe can hang on for another three years and they find a Dixonesque prospect in free agent, they might be able to pinch him one.
Its not just Fyfe Hanging around 3 more years, Walters too. Fyfe is from the 2009 draft and Walters is from the 2008 AFL draft. Michael Walters turns 30 in January 7th. Historically I cant think of any forward Pockets or forward flankers or wing players playing until they are 35 years old.

Nope Freo need that Snake Oil Salesman back Zac Dawson. LOL

Bloke stands at 198cm. Sure the bloke cant kick, with his fist work, he would be handy at Centre half back or as a Pinch hit ruck.
He was always the first one to offer protection for his good mates .

Probably 8-12 range in terms of wins, longer game time a concern plus their spinal continuity.

Could easily swing either way need a few to emerge from the younger group as their old players have shouldered a heavy load for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not just Fyfe Hanging around 3 more years, Walters too. Fyfe is from the 2009 draft and Walters is from the 2008 AFL draft. Michael Walters turns 30 in January 7th. Historically I cant think of any forward Pockets or forward flankers or wing players playing until they are 35 years old.
Betts
Gaz jr
Poppy was 33
Son Son is good for at least 3
Fyfes good for another 5 years
You only need to look at the caliber of talent fringe players have.
Those to will be more valuable for a long while yet.

Betts
Gaz jr
Poppy was 33
Son Son is good for at least 3
Fyfes good for another 5 years
You only need to look at the caliber of talent fringe players have.
Those to will be more valuable for a long while yet.
As I have posted, we need that 2-3, possibly 4 year finals run to help those players aged 24 and under.

Son Son Walters could play another 3 years. He turned 30 on January 7th. Fyfe turns 30 on September 18th. Hoping to push for a finals spot this season. If not, finals for 2022 and 2023 and possibly 2024.

Stephen Hill turns 21 on May this year. Had Stephen hill not been so injury prone, he could easily play another 2-3 years. Theres a few blokes aged 27 and over that do have 3 good years of footy left before they decline.

Yes the talent from those 2016 and 2017 should step up and help guide freo up the ladder.

Round 2 v Greater Western Sydney (H)
Round 4 v Hawthorn (H)
Round 5 v Adelaide (A)
Round 6 v North Melbourne (H)
Round 10 v Sydney (H)
Round 13 v Gold Coast (H)
Round 16 v Carlton (H)
Round 19 v Sydney (A)

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back