Injury Fremantle 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess we could start him off the bench most games and only field him for 65% game time like last year.

I've seen players wear a moon boot all week except for training and then play on the weekend. The boot is all about acute management.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not if he can’t train properly for those eight weeks
That's the value of the Freo investment in gym equipment for players to use when recovering from injury. The anti gravity running machines and the simulated altitude training conditions can players can utilise should allow them to keep fitness while recovering from injury.

BStaff17

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's the value of the Freo investment in gym equipment for players to use when recovering from injury. The anti gravity running machines and the simulated altitude training conditions can players can utilise should allow them to keep fitness while recovering from injury.

May be unrelated but our track record recently in getting players back on the field from injury isn't that flash.

brolga_

Rookie
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we don't have him at the start of the season, it might be an interesting glimpse at what we might be like next year without Mundy (if that happened to be the case)

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Let him start after round 11. Get him up and firing for the second half of the season/finals.
It does look like a tough second half of the season so bringing in a fresh Mundy could be a great move.

I'm also keen to see how Brodie goes in the pre-season.

Superkoops

Premiership Player
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Need to remember the West like to blow these things out of proportion. The same article that that paints doom and gloom also says he is expected to be in rehab for 2 months. He did the injury on 17 Dec - which would put his rehab time through to 17 Feb and a good 5 weeks before the start of the season. He might have a delayed start a bit like Fyfe but we would only be talking about 1-3 rounds.

We have Adelaide round 1. A fully fit young team with the likes of Clark, Erasmus etc and then introducing the likes of Fyfe and Mundy over the following weeks is not a massive issue as painted by the West. Like a few others have posted gives Will Brodie a genuine chance to show if he will be a useful pick-up.

Taylor

Community Leader
Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Caleb Serong wearing the orange hat still should be a concern. Has he had a head knock? Why is he wearing the treat me softly hat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad