Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thank God Logue has stood up in the forward line.

A tall combo of Lobb, Logue and Tabs might get us through the season but it is cutting it fine.

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Injuries at Freo move in strange ways,

A players has a seemingly mild ankle strain only for them to be in TBA purgatory for 12 weeks. On the other hand a player could be carried off and we all expect the worst and he fronts up the next game - like Kuek in his first game for Peel.

Then we have weird sh!t like Amiss's kidney, Sandi's turf toe and Clarke busting a leg while busting a move.

Expect the unexpected.

Jul 20, 2018
These injuries are creeping up, but glad to see Tabs and western get through today

As noted, not liking our forward depth being held together by Tabs dodgy back and Sturt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
hahaha, that's excellent. Be interesting to know what the Saints friend of yours thinks about that whole trade in retrospect?
Not happy, and actually wasn't happy at the time, but felt it was worth it to get Hill. Hill was clearly the final piece in their Premiership puzzle.

Anyway he has a sense of humour about it all.

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Not happy, and actually wasn't happy at the time, but felt it was worth it to get Hill. Hill was clearly the final piece in their Premiership puzzle.

Anyway he has a sense of humour about it all.
uh. Ouch

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
So who is most likely unavailable for the Carlton game (injured only)?

I'll try to compose a list:

B. Acres - Hamstring
S. Switkowski - Back
J. Treacy - Ankle
J. Amiss - Kidney
H. Chapman - Hamstring
N. O' Driscoll - Foot

That's it I think. Anyone else I have missed?!

Jul 20, 2018
So who is most likely unavailable for the Carlton game (injured only)?

I'll try to compose a list:

B. Acres - Hamstring
S. Switkowski - Back
J. Treacy - Ankle
J. Amiss - Kidney
H. Chapman - Hamstring
N. O' Driscoll - Foot

That's it I think. Anyone else I have missed?!

Think you’ve got most, not too bad at first glance

The concern for me is Switta, Amiss could be season, with Treacy unknown but looking bad and Noddy not progressing

Chappy to be back shortly (1-2 weeks) and Acres 5-8 weeks?)

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Think you’ve got most, not too bad at first glance

The concern for me is Switta, Amiss could be season, with Treacy unknown but looking bad and Noddy not progressing

Chappy to be back shortly (1-2 weeks) and Acres 5-8 weeks?)

Acres might be back sooner than expected. He was spotted running at training the last few days

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
There has been surprisingly little information about Chapman that I’ve seen. Certainly nothing to suggest he’s coming back anytime soon.
There’s some significant outs on that list but for the first time we have proper depth.
The only thing we don’t have is tall forwards waiting other than Kuek. I wonder if they would consider him at this point if it gets that desperate.
Such a shame for N’OD & Amiss who would both have played a lot more this year if available. I’m hoping N’OD can get back but who knows?

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
There has been surprisingly little information about Chapman that I’ve seen. Certainly nothing to suggest he’s coming back anytime soon.
There’s some significant outs on that list but for the first time we have proper depth.
The only thing we don’t have is tall forwards waiting other than Kuek. I wonder if they would consider him at this point if it gets that desperate.
Such a shame for N’OD & Amiss who would both have played a lot more this year if available. I’m hoping N’OD can get back but who knows?

I thought belly mentioned that chappy was expected back a week or so after the bye

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.

They say a team rebuild starts from the back. We are well and truly building our forward line now. This years draft is going to be very interesting, I would love to see us recruit Cam Zurhaar or someone similar. We are so close to fitting the final missing piece.

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
If we are to maintain our good run this season we simply can’t have a growing injury list. We have depth and players who can play their role for the team. If anyone is carrying something we should be resting them. Mundy needs to be rested at some point. Going into the back end of the season and being in the position we are in we should have a no risk policy. The reason we are in the position we are in is not just because we are playing well but because we have had one of our better seasons injury list wise and touch wood that continues.

heavho

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
Does anyone know the latest on switkowski? He done for the year? He is vital going into finals with his pressure acts etc

Back