Spirit Level

Campaigner
Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Imagine a Marlion Pickett scenario where Amiss gets a guernsey for the GF and wins us the game

Stuff of dreams
I've been dreaming of a sort of Tom Hawkins 2011 scenario with Tabs for some time, breaking out in a grand final and winning us the game off his own boot

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Forget Tabs I am afraid. His body will never be right. Should be a depth player from now on.

The club needs some continuity up forward and they wont get it while the CHF is in and out week by week.

If it were me I would settle on Logue and Lobb as the marking targets for the rest of the year and throw in Banfield who knows how to kick a goal. If Fyfe comes back it will be a bonus.

Madas

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Forget Tabs I am afraid. His body will never be right. Should be a depth player from now on.

The club needs some continuity up forward and they wont get it while the CHF is in and out week by week.

If it were me I would settle on Logue and Lobb as the marking targets for the rest of the year and throw in Banfield who knows how to kick a goal. If Fyfe comes back it will be a bonus.
Agree
Fyfe probably is the realistic replacement for Tbone
Further proof that Lobb is a must keep if our window is the next year or 2

Who knows though
Could be smoke and mirrors to rest Tbone up for finals
Stranger things have happened

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree
Fyfe probably is the realistic replacement for Tbone
Further proof that Lobb is a must keep if our window is the next year or 2

Who knows though
Could be smoke and mirrors to rest Tbone up for finals
Stranger things have happened
Yeah if we lose the Lobster without a straight up replacement it will hurt.

If Jackson stays over East what other options are there?

Madas

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah if we lose the Lobster without a straight up replacement it will hurt.

If Jackson stays over East what other options are there?
Would be like winding the clock back 5 years unless Bell can pull another rabbit out of his hat

I reckon Jackson could definitely provide a very good option on the forward line though if he comes over .

Need Lobb to stay 1 more year IMO unless we can pull off the impossible this year in which case he is free to go

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Switta- test
Fyfe- possibly round 23
Tabs- few weeks
Kuek- test

Tabs moderate with a TBA tells me he probably misses the first of finals right?

We cant do the cheap option and swap Switta in for him, need to get game time into a Treacy, Sturt or even Meek to get some kind of gametime into them heading into finals.

wakojako

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tabs moderate with a TBA tells me he probably misses the first of finals right?

We cant do the cheap option and swap Switta in for him, need to get game time into a Treacy, Sturt or even Meek to get some kind of gametime into them heading into finals.
He can be the difference between winning that final ffs. Our priority no.1 is to develop Treacy and Amiss. We need to get our forward mix right now in time for finals so we better play one of Treacy or Meek to see what they offer.

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Get switta in asap. Nat back against GWS.

Forward line of Lobb. Logue, Fyfe, Schultz, Switta, Freddy and Sonny Walters, while not the league's best, is not too shabby either.

Sides have won the flag with worse forward lines. eg Anyone remember 2006 Eagles with Hansen and Lynch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gaskin

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2009
F*** Alabama
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Actual list from the website:

Sam Switkowski (back) – Test
Sebit Kuek (calf) – Test
Nat Fyfe (hamstring) – 1 week
Matt Taberner (calf) – TBA
Jye Amiss (kidney) – Inactive List

greatgatsby

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Caps, Swan Districts
Actual list from the website:

Sam Switkowski (back) – Test
Sebit Kuek (calf) – Test
Nat Fyfe (hamstring) – 1 week
Matt Taberner (calf) – TBA
Jye Amiss (kidney) – Inactive List

"Inactive list" is not so much an injury update is it, more a (slightly creepy) statement of bureaucratic status ... "Dolchevsky was officially listed as inactive and then never heard of again"

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fast track Treacy, Amiss and Sturt.

Have Fyfe and Logue train as forwards in the off season.
Easier said than done. For Fyfe to play 22 games a year would be a miracle. Logue needs to dramatically improve his kicking to be a decent CHF. (Not impossible). Treacy hasn't found it yet...and might not. Sturt hasn't.....and probably won't. That leaves Amiss - the first year guy on the inactive injury list.

gungho

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Get switta in asap. Nat back against GWS.

Forward line of Lobb. Logue, Fyfe, Schultz, Switta, Freddy and Sonny Walters, while not the league's best, is not too shabby either.

Sides have won the flag with worse forward lines. eg Anyone remember 2006 Eagles with Hansen and Lynch?
2 of those dudes can't kick a set shot to save their lives. One is always injured. One is fairly inconsistant and wants to leave. One is even more inconsistant. One often goes MIA in large periods of games and one has not played a decent game since 2019. Anyway....all good.....we have Bailey Banfield.

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
Easier said than done. For Fyfe to play 22 games a year would be a miracle. Logue needs to dramatically improve his kicking to be a decent CHF. (Not impossible). Treacy hasn't found it yet...and might not. Sturt hasn't.....and probably won't. That leaves Amiss - the first year guy on the inactive injury list.
Agreed.As much as pains me to say it but I believe Logue has to increase his skill set at kicking snaps & banana’s when kicking at goal.That one he missed in the 3rd from 25-30m out was screaming banana.I hope he re-signs as the flexibility he affords us is next level.

Remove this Banner Ad