Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Treacy named for Peel. Looks like our injury list is down to one player!
Am predicting if we go deep in finals Treacy will come in for at least 1 game. As another poster has mentioned, he has to be better than banners as a 3rd tall
Head In The Clouds Dreaming GIF by kimburgerly

So assuming all the tests pass, we literally have a full list to choose from on the eve of finals. wtf
It’s really an incredible effort not just from the guys being professional as players, both on and off the field, but the strength and conditioning team with the medical staff as well. Great job. Optimistic time for a Fremantle supporter

INJURY LIST
Rory Lobb (chest/shoulder) – Test
Matt Taberner (calf) – Test
Griffin Logue (adductor) – Test
Connor Blakely (illness) – Test

INJURY LIST

Considering Blakey trained Saturday I think this is just cover for resting him last week so others could play for Peel. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Tabs will be the only genuine test, and if it’s wet we‘ll likely hold him back for the MCG anyway.

That's because he couldn't kick a drop punt to start with. For guys who can, the snap-style is only required from the boundary line - Lockett was the exception, he routinely nailed drop punts from the boundary.

One of the abiding footy memories of my life is being at Moorabin Oval in the late 80’s. Saints were playing the Blues who were a powerhouse back then. It was freezing cold & wet.

Plugger took a mark just before the final siren with the Saints a few points down. My memory is he was around the 50 & starting his run up from the edge of the boundary & there was a strong cross wind from his left side.

He never looked like missing. The crowd absolutely lost their minds. People were literally crying (it was, as always a tough time to be a Saints fan). More than 30 years later I can still see this bloke standing on a seat screaming “at least we stuck it up the f’kn silvertails!!!!”

Good times.

One of the abiding footy memories of my life is being at Moorabin Oval in the late 80’s. Saints were playing the Blues who were a powerhouse back then. It was freezing cold & wet.

Plugger took a mark just before the final siren with the Saints a few points down. My memory is he was around the 50 & starting his run up from the edge of the boundary & there was a strong cross wind from his left side.

He never looked like missing. The crowd absolutely lost their minds. People were literally crying (it was, as always a tough time to be a Saints fan). More than 30 years later I can still see this bloke standing on a seat screaming “at least we stuck it up the f’kn silvertails!!!!”

Good times.
Wasn’t at the game but I remember it - one of those games where Plugger beat sides off his own boot. That’s why I loved Jye’s goal on the weekend - Lockett level kicking skills.

INJURY LIST

This is the first time I can EVER recall us not having any TBAs on the list!

Does anybody have a nostalgia for the good days of injury reports consisting of a dozen or so players listed as TBA with the rest out for the season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys jinxed us. When I was reading through I thought you guys had already heard the news. Nope, bloody jinxed us...

Missing Nat is not going to hurt as much as it would have done in the past..still leaves us very thin.

Lobb for Meek and Logue for Fyfe will be the only changes methinks. Banners gets a reprieve.

We can still win this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back