Injury Fremantle 2023 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not if he can’t train properly for those eight weeks
That's the value of the Freo investment in gym equipment for players to use when recovering from injury. The anti gravity running machines and the simulated altitude training conditions can players can utilise should allow them to keep fitness while recovering from injury.

That's the value of the Freo investment in gym equipment for players to use when recovering from injury. The anti gravity running machines and the simulated altitude training conditions can players can utilise should allow them to keep fitness while recovering from injury.

May be unrelated but our track record recently in getting players back on the field from injury isn't that flash.

Need to remember the West like to blow these things out of proportion. The same article that that paints doom and gloom also says he is expected to be in rehab for 2 months. He did the injury on 17 Dec - which would put his rehab time through to 17 Feb and a good 5 weeks before the start of the season. He might have a delayed start a bit like Fyfe but we would only be talking about 1-3 rounds.

We have Adelaide round 1. A fully fit young team with the likes of Clark, Erasmus etc and then introducing the likes of Fyfe and Mundy over the following weeks is not a massive issue as painted by the West. Like a few others have posted gives Will Brodie a genuine chance to show if he will be a useful pick-up.

Caleb Serong wearing the orange hat still should be a concern. Has he had a head knock? Why is he wearing the treat me softly hat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Treacy? I don’t remember seeing anything official as to why he’s in rehab? Looked like he’d had a good offseason from the socials?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone know what’s actually going on with Treacy? I don’t remember seeing anything official as to why he’s in rehab? Looked like he’d had a good offseason from the socials?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Groin injury apparently. Has done the least of all rehab players since Christmas but is jogging. Put it this way, Fyfe and Mundy are leaving him in their dust already which is a bit of a worry,

Groin injury apparently. Has done the least of all rehab players since Christmas but is jogging. Put it this way, Fyfe and Mundy are leaving him in their dust already which is a bit of a worry,
Hope the club gives him time to recover and not rush him back.

We need to be patient with him and let time heal.

Seeing the fitness gains he made over the last few months and the huge amount of work he put in, I'm thinking he may have OP.

From memory, recovery needs to reduce/eliminate running for a while otherwise it keeps getting aggravated.

Apologies for bumping this thread and giving a heart attack :p, but I am pleased that our injury list should be shorter this year now we no longer have the two players on the list that have almost permanently been on it for the last three years...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back