Josh Treacy (illness) - TBA

Injury List Round 23
Nat Fyfe (hamstring) – Test
Rory Lobb (chest/shoulder) – Test
Joel Hamling (calf) – Test
Nathan Wilson (Health and Safety Protocols) – Test
Matt Taberner (calf) – TBA
Josh Treacy (illness) - TBA

Just rest Lobb ffs, they are playing with fire.

Just rest Lobb ffs, they are playing with fire.
happy the prodigy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can (as in 60/40 chance at worst) beat GWS without Lobb tbh, especially if Fyfe comes into the side and plays forward.

Wouldn’t be against Meek playing as well this week.

We need Taberner and Lobb playing to beat the better sides though.

Yeh but to have Any chance of top 4 we need to win this. Imo this game isn’t a lay down
Yeah but are we gonna win if Lobb plays the way he did vs wce? Or is it worth having Meek or Darcy there as a tall that can actually lift his hands above his head. Fyfe will also be back too.

I caught a clip of Pav online just then off the 9 news discussing amongst other things Lobbs injury status. With bit of Pav dead face and monotone he said something to the effect that in the absence of structural damage Rory will just have to work through it. Translated into everyday language he was publicly telling Lobb to toughen the @#$% up and put in for the team.

:hearts::hearts::hearts:Pav:hearts::hearts::hearts:

I’m hearing meek is a good chance to come in. Sounds like lobb won’t play. But early in the week still.
I'd be pretty happy with Meek and Fyfe in for Lobb and Tucker, especially with big Darcy starting to clunk them.

Fine balance between giving Lobb a few weeks and ensuring a win against GWS, but our away form is really strong and obviously we are playing for something and GWS aren't, so hopefully can get it done with Meek.

GWS have 13 players out for the season, not including Bobbie Hill who is a possibility against us.
Do it for Dave, but I'd be resting Lobb. He's playing like he's badly winged and I'd rate Darcy a better tall against GWS
Meek rucks, as he has done earlier very well at AFL level.
Preuss didn't play last week, and is a test coz of a shoulder

Last edited:
It’s really hard to know how bad the Lobb injury is as the club is obviously not going to say anything other than that he’s sore. But the gf said cracked ribs and collarbone didn’t she? I would have thought that would be pretty tough to play through? Someone who knows stuff about bones enlighten us!

I’m of the opinion that if he’s going to put in an effort like he did against WCE then we should rest him.

I had badly bruised ribs from a car accident and I sure as hell couldn't play cricket for a while. It is very painful and his ribs are opened up to the opposition every time he lifts his arms to mark the ball.

Treacy named for Peel. Looks like our injury list is down to one player!
Am predicting if we go deep in finals Treacy will come in for at least 1 game. As another poster has mentioned, he has to be better than banners as a 3rd tall

Treacy named for Peel. Looks like our injury list is down to one player!
Am predicting if we go deep in finals Treacy will come in for at least 1 game. As another poster has mentioned, he has to be better than banners as a 3rd tall

Not sure about that. As bad as Banfield is, he's been impressive at times. Treacy has been very hit and miss this year at WAFL level let alone AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back