Club Focus Fremantle 2022 - Corbett, Jackson, O'Meara, Davies, Emmett, Knobel, Reidy

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

It was said if he chooses Freo then he'll have to delist himself according to the latest article I read. But I guess dons might have that option if it gets him to his club but Freo only have 3 picks/list spots anyways.
As far as I know we have 4 list spots plus a couple of rookie picks and cat b.

We traded out 5 players, 3 in. Mundy retired, Western delisted. All from the main list.

We traded out 5 players, 3 in. Mundy retired, Western delisted. All from the main list.
Yep, my count was 6x across main/rookie list + 2x cat b's (one of those may be reserved for Kelm).

The plan was for AMT to nominate for the draft, so he becomes available as an SSP signing in preseason next year. See if he has the fire to go through a summer of training before a commitment is made.

That makes sense. I saw that freo only had 3 picks highlighted. Not sure if Shultz is being upgraded or already upgraded.

There is an extra spot on the main list due to Valente retiring and replaced at the the MSD by Keuk who's on the rookie list. Crowden and Banfield delisted we have one extra rookie place to fill if we want to have the the same list structure as last season. With five rookie listed players signed on (Banfield, Treacy, Shultz, Worner, Keuk) we have the option of changing our list structure and drafting 6 players to the main list and not drafting a rookie. You can have up to 38 on the main list and but then 4 rookies so with 5 rookies we can have a maximum of 37 main listed players. We would have 37 main listed players if we drafted 6 players in the main draft. Personally id like to promote both Shultz and Treacy this year and draft 4 main list players with two rookie selections.

There is an extra spot on the main list due to Valente retiring and replaced at the the MSD by Keuk who's on the rookie list. Crowden and Banfield delisted we have one extra rookie place to fill if we want to have the the same list structure as last season. With five rookie listed players signed on (Banfield, Treacy, Shultz, Worner, Keuk) we have the option of changing our list structure and drafting 6 players to the main list and not drafting a rookie. You can have up to 38 on the main list and but then 4 rookies so with 5 rookies we can have a maximum of 37 main listed players. We would have 37 main listed players if we drafted 6 players in the main draft. Personally id like to promote both Shultz and Treacy this year and draft 4 main list players with two rookie selections.
Banfield signed a two year extension can you do that with a rookie or have I misread?

Banfield signed a two year extension can you do that with a rookie or have I misread?
Yes. They have committed to upgrading him to the main list at the end of the season in his contract. A player can't be rookied for three years in a row without being upgraded or delisted. We have Shultz, Treacy and Banfield all on contracts that require we promote them at seasons end.

If you’re satisfied with 7th place I guess it’s not really hurting. Once you don’t have that depth in 2023 you’ll know if it’s hurts or not.

Five of those players quoted aren’t with Freo anymore, or want out. It’s not helping your argument.

Travis Colyer 😂

Thanks to the Fremantle supporters with their answers that show a better grasp of reality.
Not that you were trolling right.

Not that you were trolling right.
No trolling, just making the accurate observation that players really seem to want to leave Fremantle at an unusually high rate.

Especially the ones that arrive, sometimes with great fanfare, stay a bit, then leave.

It’s odd.

I can see from your posts you have concerns on the Freo boards that Fremantle will stagnate or go backwards in part due to the departures.

Calling out uncomfortable facts don’t constitute trolling. Even less so when you seem to agree with the facts and the potential impact…

That makes sense. I saw that freo only had 3 picks highlighted. Not sure if Shultz is being upgraded or already upgraded.
Schultz and Banfield as we speak are currently sitting in the Rookie list with a promise as part of their contracts to move them to the primary list in 2024. That being said we go to the draft with four selections (currently 30,44,67,76). Pick 30 (~32) will move back a bit, pick 44 (~40) will move forward and the two later picks will end up prob in the early to mid 50’s. We can pass on our last pick and upgrade either of Banfield or Schultz a year earlier. We also need to keep a late pick up our sleeve in the event that a late bid comes for Draper/Scaife. We would be hoping one of them make it to Cat-B.

We have had 8 go off the primary list (5 traded out in addition to Mundy, Valente, Western). Only two rookies go off and one (Kuek) come in.

If status quo remains we may end up going with 5 picks to the draft. I actually thought Banfield had already been upgraded to main list but I have read some reports that Schultz will be upgraded.

The likely scenario is
4 ND selections (and one of Schultz/Banfield upgraded)
2 RD selections
2 Cat-B RD selections

Cat-B options
Ultimate Kelm (Irish)
Jasper Scaife (academy)
Josh Draper (academy)
Chase Bourne (academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back