AFLW club focus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
After finishing fourth this year Fremantle have national draft picks 19, 37, 55, 73, 91, 109, 127. In the state draft for WA this equates to picks 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14.

What are the list priorities this off-season?

Defence is solid.
Probably need more midfield depth (we don’t talk about Roberts 😭)
Some more class forward. Marking power seemed lacking.

Would expect WC to get priority selections again given their on field performance and off field losses/potential losses.

Hopefully Sharp back this season. Duffy unlikely, Morrison won’t get up for an August start.

Tiah Toth and Ann McMahon not offered contracts
Jasmin Stewart steps away from footy (no reason given)

Dockers see off rival interest to lock in gun winger
A WEEK after losing spearhead Gemma Houghton to Port Adelaide, Fremantle has seen off strong interest from rival clubs to re-secure integral winger Ebony Antonio.

Antonio had been linked with the Victorian expansion sides but has chosen to remain in Western Australia.

The 30-year-old announced she had recommitted to the Dockers on a two-year deal at the club's best and fairest on Saturday.

P3N7P3I2.jpg

Fremantle's Ebony Antonio celebrates a goal during the qualifying final against North Melbourne on March 19, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"I've been here since year one and I'm excited to have signed on for another couple of years," Antonio said.

"I'm looking forward to being a Docker for life."

Janelle Cuthbertson on the move. Will be the only loss for the dockers through the PSP, for which there will be a compensation pick in the 2024 draft.

Snuffaluphagus Taylor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FREMANTLE has delisted defender Matilda Sergeant and midfielder Bianca Webb, following the departure of Janelle Cuthbertson to Port Adelaide and the retirement of Kara Antonio.

FREMANTLE forward Ashley Sharp has chosen to step away from football for family reasons.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back